6.5

2015 Chevrolet Traverse fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chevrolet Traverse:

2015 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Sep 172016

Traverse

On Sept. 17 2016, while driving along the interstate at 70 mph, the car's engine slowed dramatically and stability track, traction control, and slow engine warning lights began to flash. The car would not accelerate. I managed to get the car to the side of the interstate and turned it off. I called roadside assistance immediately and the technician told me to turn off the traction control. There was a pungent smell all inside the car of gas and other fumes, but I did not see any fluids leaking from under the vehicle. The technician told me to start the car with the traction control off. I rolled down all of the windows to lessen the odor. The car started as usual and I started back down the highway. Within 3 miles the car stopped again, the same warning lights began flashing. I had lost several gallons of fuel in 3 miles. I got the car to a parking lot off the interstate and it died and would not turn back over. When I tried to get it to start, the ignition got stuck and would not stop trying to turn over. The car was losing fuel and would not run at all. The dealership said it was a fuel pump issue and they replaced the part several days later. On Nov. 11, 2016, as I drove to work this morning, I was at a red light and when I pushed the accelerator and nothing happened. The car began flashing the exact same warning codes as in Sept. The car would go about 5-10 mph and I was stranded in a 6 lane intersection. I turned off the traction control and managed to get the car into a parking lot, once again. I am very lucky that I have not had a severe accident when this has occurred. Someone is eventually going to get seriously hurt or killed when this happens. Also, this same vehicle's backup camera will turn on while I am driving down the street. When it turns on, the car switches out of drive, while I am driving forward. I have videoed this happening.

- Germantown, TN, USA

Nov 012015

Traverse

Intermittent smell of fuel inside the car. This had happened multiple times and even 3rd row passengers (kids) can smell the fuel. This had happened on different locations with different speeds and fuel gauge. Refer to below. 10/2 3:50pm - 3/4 gas running at 40mph 10/13 4:48pm - 1/2 gas parked while engine idle 11/1 12:31pm - 1/4 gas running at 30mph

- Alexandria, VA, USA