8.5

2016 Chevrolet Traverse brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chevrolet Traverse:

2016 Chevrolet Traverse Owner Comments

Feb 282016

Traverse

On two occasions ( 2/21/16 and 2/28/16) while driving the power cut out completely and the car stalled. I was unable to steer the vehicle or stop. There were not any warnings or notifications such as the check engine light. The dashboard and all other lights/ information was completely dark. The first occasion was on a highway going approximately 30 miles per hour and the second was on a city street approaching a stop sign. Cause unknown. I took the car to the dealership and they claim they cannot find a cause. I was encouraged to take the car be because the cause is unknown. I refused because of the safety concerns.

- Oceanside, NY, USA