2012 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

May 302016

Air bag warning light illuminates. Dealer states it may be a bad connection under the seat. No action taken except checked said connection, all connections free from debris and corrosion, and secure. Failure indicated around 76,000 miles. Not diagnosed or repaired. Airbag warning light continues to illuminate. Current mileage: 99,580.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Aug 072016

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag sensor warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not mad aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Edgewood, MD, USA

Jul 232016

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated and the horn randomly sounded without warning. In addition, the vehicle randomly stalled numerous times. A pass time failure occurred and the dealer rewired the vehicle. A mechanic indicated that the tipm was faulty and may need to be replaced. The mechanic suggested that the vehicle be taken to the dealer for further inspection. The dealer was notified of the failure and the contact was uncertain as to why they indicated that the orc module needed to be replaced, but did not verify if the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags and electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was to check with the manufacturer to determine a repair solution for the vehicle. The approximate failure mileage was 89,444.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 202016

200 4-cyl

Airbag sensor light keeps coming on intermittently. I took to dealership, they said would be fee for doing sensor check. We called Chrysler dealership and they said it was not under recall. I took to advance auto and they ran a sensor check for free for me and they said there were "zero" issues or problems which is not right because the light and dinging come on intermittently every few minutes when driving. What is strange is that it only happens when my husband is driving the car. When I drive it, it doesn't happen. The lady at the dealership said it was strange, but that the transmission recognizes different people driving and tries to adjust for it and maybe that was it? the other dealers said that was something they'd never heard of. Meanwhile, they say there is nothing they can do if there is no sensor light appearing when I take it in, or not showing up on the error report from the scan. So, I am stuck with driving a car that constantly dings, lights come on, and when I read the manual it said "take to the dealership immediately if this happens!". it is scary, especially when I have my children and grandchildren in the car, to worry whether my airbag is going to explode at any given time without notice. I would sincerely request Chrysler take care of this issue.

- Pikeville, KY, USA

Jul 152016

There was a recall on my vehicle I took it to the dealership in harrisonburg va to be repaired. They only fixed the active head restraints. My car failed a state inspection due to my airbag light illuminating. I have read that "certain" Chrysler 200's 2012 they are to reprogram the tipm then replace the occupant restraint module if needed. They refused to replace this gave me an estimate of $400. I called Chrysler and they also said my car was not recalled based on the VIN and my issue. I am a single mother with two kids my car has 67,000 miles on it has never been wrecked or damaged and I believe Chrysler should replace this. My car is only 4 years old an airbag should not become defective in 4 years. This exact issue is what other 2012 Chrysler 200S have also. I am still unable to have my car pass a state inspection and I also informed Chrysler that when passengers ride in that seat they are putting lives at risk by not acting quickly. It is dangerous and Chrysler should recall all 2012 200's. it hey informed me the problem is in the dash I don't even feel safe driving my car what if my air bags don't deploy? I will live with that the rest of my life and Chrysler should be held accountable for negligence. Just because my VIN number doesn't match at this time or the time frame they claim the defects were installed doesn't mean the part they installed isn't defective. I hope you all take this matter very seriously. This is a safety issue that could take or save lives.

- Staunton, VA, USA

Jul 012016

Takata recall - I never received any information regarding this recall. I am just now (July 2016) experiencing the airbag warning light coming on and a warning tone being emitted randomly while I'm in motion. I'm interested to know if I can still take my car to the dealership to have it worked on under N38 13V282?

- Huntingdon, TN, USA

Jun 012013

I get a recall about air bag (something about the seats) and my airbag light comes on. I take it in and the dealer wanted to charge a diagnostic charge. I contacted Chrysler and was told to take it back to the dealer and they would look at it. Took it back, and the dealer, herman jenkins in union city tn, stated they could not find the problem. Today I have a air bag light on all the time. Was told by a mechanic, that if the light was on the air bags will not deploy. My wife drive this car every day. I will not buy another Chrysler, if they can't stand behind their product. Could not believe that the dealer could not fix a product they sell!.

- Union City, TN, USA

Mar 102016

"takata recall" the issue is in the electrical warning system. The warning indicates air bag. Air bag light is on and has stayed on continues to stay on. It does not flash it just stays on. On the start of the vehicle once the ignition switch is turned on and the car is running. It continues to stay on while vehicle turned on and running. I believe it may be a recall with the modular.

- Carroll, IA, USA

Feb 292016

"takata rcall" my air bag light is on in the dash board my car was already at the dealership for another issue the agent informed me the airbag modular has failed I informed the agent there is a recall for the tipm. A defective tipm can cause air bags not to inflate and other major issues. The dealer shi want to charge me $429 to fix

- Tulsa, OK, USA

Feb 162016

Airbag warning light on dash, Chrysler stated it was only recalled for computer software update. Dealership stated airbag has internal failure of orc and needs console replaced. Chrysler stated that they would have repaired problem if my car was 2011 model. Would not repair airbag issue since it is 2012 model. Airbags may not deploy when needed, and may deploy when not needed. Very dangerous issue, dealership wants over $450 to correct.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Feb 092016

Vehicle was involved in a side impact crash with a guardrail. Vehicle was traveling approximately 45 mph on an interstate highway when the passenger side struck the guardrail. No airbags deployed and my wife who was in the front passenger seat with her seatbelt on was injured on her entire right side.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Nov 162015

2012 chrsler 200. AT29509 miles car taken in for transmission problems and leaks. Torque convertor replaced. While there dealer addressed recal N38. Reprogramed tpm. 1may2015 11nov 2015 car was taken in because transmission would not shift. While there air bag light deployed. Code reads occupant restraint control module. Dealer refuses to replace under recall. Mileage52819. Car will be in back for service today. After replacing torque convertor and transmission again it went three miles and wouldnt shift correctly and again stalled on highway. Current issue: Replace occupant restraint module under recall38.

- Appleton, WI, USA

Nov 162015

Transmission rebuild and three torque convertors in 6 mo heater warm on left cool on right engine stalls on highway heat worked when taken to draler. They replaced sa clicking blend door actuator in the morning there was warm air on the left and cool air on the right' dealer says need a heater core and radiator. This happened overnight? recall onairbags. No airbag light on at dealer, they flashed the tipm as per recall, now airbag light is on code reads replace occupant controle module. They claim this not on the recall,11V315000

- Appleton, WI, USA

Nov 052015

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. While driving 10 mph, the tire pressure gauge malfunctioned, the seat belt warning indicator illuminated, and the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The warning indicators functioned normally after 20 minutes, but the air bag light remained illuminated and a tipm warning indicator flashed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The VIN was excluded from NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The failure mileage was approximately 70,000.

- East Taunton, MA, USA

Sep 242015

The airbag light came on so I got the code reader and scanned it said it was (driver active headrest control circuit open

- Woonsocket, RI, USA

Jul 102015

Van horn Chrysler and Dodge in Plymouth wi. Sold me a vehicle that was in a major front end accident. When they sold me the air the airbag was not attached. The steering was pulling to the right. The suspension was severely damage, it was so severe that when I took the car to Chrysler, I spend money there to get the problems repaired. Because van horn wouldn't pay for the repairs. After Chrysler couldn't make the repairs, because the car had been in a major accident from the previous owner. Chrysler referred me to thei body shop, where I was out of pocket for another additional repair. I also forward this information to Chrysler customer assistant 1-888-992-1997. My case number there is 277741034.they (Chrysler customer assistant) said the car should have never been sold. They informed roy edwards van horn manger to get in touch with me to make a settle. Which he hasn't as to 10/14/205. Tom boweo was the person that I spoke with at milosch's palace collision center, lake orion mi. (248)276-6653. The car is registered to billy turney. My email address is My phone number is (414)445-8281. My cell number is (414) 793-6615

- Milwaukee, WI, USA

Oct 102014

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light flashed for several months. The failure progressed and the air bag warning light remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer but was not diagnosed or repaired. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system). The VIN was not available. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 50,000. MA 10/5

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

May 062015

Took my car in for airbag safety recall and the work was done.later my airbag light came on and I was told that it was unrelated to the recall but a defective connection for my head restraint airbag was out and it would cost $531 dollard to fix.what a my headrest air bag is non-functioning and the light remains on.this happened at Jeep Chrysler in san leandro, ca. On marina blvd.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Dec 152014

200 4-cyl

There is no major problem but my air bag light went off and I took it to my dealer and they told me that I would have to pay to replace occupant restart controller. I looked on recall site and it states that the problem would be fixed free of charge and they are trying to charge me $289+tax to fix it. Why"??/ is there something that I am missing"

- Rockford, IL, USA

Sep 012014

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light illuminated intermittently. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA