2012 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 200:

2012 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Oct 012016

200

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Patuxent River, MD, USA

Dec 022016

200

I was in an accident on I 79 in pa going 70mph slid on some slush spun around a few times before I hit a guardrail head on and the airbags never when off in my car.

- Lake City, PA, USA

Jan 052016

200

I've been notified for sometime now about a recall for my car. Nothing has been corrected yet in reference to the airbag and seat belt -constraint controls. What happens if I have an accident with these features still not corrected?

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Jan 012016

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the recall for NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (seat belts, air bags) was excessive. The contact received the recall notification over twelve months ago. The dealer stated that the parts were not available for repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact mentioned that the air bag warning indicator illuminated intermittently. The failure mileage was 40,000. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Port Saint Lucie, FL, USA

Dec 012016

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (seat belts, air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The VIN was unknown. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Thomasville, GA, USA

Dec 212016

200

There was a recall on the airbag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability on my car that started on October 1, 2016. When I got the recall notice in October it said that there was no current remedy. It's now December and there still is no remedy which means that the problem won't be fixed in the foreseeable future which is outrageous. If our lives are at risk because a car company can't get off its ass and fix this, then the government needs to intervene. I don't feel safe driving my car because in the back of my mind I know that it might not protect me completely if I get in a crash which should not happen. This needs to be fixed now.

- Centennial, CO, USA

Dec 012016

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Summerton, SC, USA

Nov 012016

200

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lihue, HI, USA

Nov 282016

200

My airbag light is coming on while I'm driving and I am still under warranty.

- Munster, IN, USA

Jul 022013

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 13V282000 (air bags, electrical system) and 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts) however, the parts to do the repairs were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repairs. The manufacturer was made aware of the issues. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available and parts distribution disconnect.

- Brockton, MA, USA

Nov 152016

200

The contact owns a 2008 (na) Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Oct 012016

200

The contact owned a 2012 Chrysler 200. While driving 45 mph, the contact crashed into two cows. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained injuries to chest area, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts). The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 79,000.

- Vancleave, MS, USA

Nov 022016

200

Takata recall. I have a recall on airbags and seatbelt transponder may not work in event of an accident. I refuse to drive this car and am not waiting until June 2017 for a repair. I want a buyback immediately....with incentive...so I can get on with my life. A rental is being offered at this time. I am not satisfied and a buyback would make more sense.

- Fond Du Lac, WI, USA

Oct 272016

200

The contact owned a 2012 Chrysler 200. While driving 45 mph, the contact lost control of the vehicle. The vehicle rolled a few times and struck several trees. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. There were minor injuries, which did not require medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 40,000.

- Cambridge Springs, PA, USA

Dec 312013

200 6-cyl

I was driving straight forward, in the right lane of a four lane highway (two lanes in either direction). A car traveling in the opposite direction, lost control and crossed the highway, striking my car's front end. My car received extensive front end damage. The car was totaled, as was the other car. I was driving and my wife was in the front passenger seat. We were both wearing our seat belts. At the time of the impact, neither airbag deployed, nor did the seat belt pretensioners activate (locking the seat belts in place), causing serious injury to both of us, requiring hospital admittance in the intensive care unit, for myself. Police traffic crash report, photos and other documents are available if required, in the future. Also, I just received a re-call notice, dated October 1, 2016. NHTSA 16V-668, concerning the car I was driving at the time of the crash...updated 01/04/17

- Oswego, IL, USA

May 302016

200

Air bag warning light illuminates. Dealer states it may be a bad connection under the seat. No action taken except checked said connection, all connections free from debris and corrosion, and secure. Failure indicated around 76,000 miles. Not diagnosed or repaired. Airbag warning light continues to illuminate. Current mileage: 99,580.

- Riverside, CA, USA

Aug 072016

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag sensor warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not mad aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 75,000.

- Edgewood, MD, USA

Jul 232016

200

The contact owns a 2012 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag warning light remained illuminated and the horn randomly sounded without warning. In addition, the vehicle randomly stalled numerous times. A pass time failure occurred and the dealer rewired the vehicle. A mechanic indicated that the tipm was faulty and may need to be replaced. The mechanic suggested that the vehicle be taken to the dealer for further inspection. The dealer was notified of the failure and the contact was uncertain as to why they indicated that the orc module needed to be replaced, but did not verify if the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 13V282000 (air bags and electrical system). The vehicle was not repaired. The contact was to check with the manufacturer to determine a repair solution for the vehicle. The approximate failure mileage was 89,444.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 202016

200 4-cyl

Airbag sensor light keeps coming on intermittently. I took to dealership, they said would be fee for doing sensor check. We called Chrysler dealership and they said it was not under recall. I took to advance auto and they ran a sensor check for free for me and they said there were "zero" issues or problems which is not right because the light and dinging come on intermittently every few minutes when driving. What is strange is that it only happens when my husband is driving the car. When I drive it, it doesn't happen. The lady at the dealership said it was strange, but that the transmission recognizes different people driving and tries to adjust for it and maybe that was it? the other dealers said that was something they'd never heard of. Meanwhile, they say there is nothing they can do if there is no sensor light appearing when I take it in, or not showing up on the error report from the scan. So, I am stuck with driving a car that constantly dings, lights come on, and when I read the manual it said "take to the dealership immediately if this happens!". it is scary, especially when I have my children and grandchildren in the car, to worry whether my airbag is going to explode at any given time without notice. I would sincerely request Chrysler take care of this issue.

- Pikeville, KY, USA

Jul 152016

200

There was a recall on my vehicle I took it to the dealership in harrisonburg va to be repaired. They only fixed the active head restraints. My car failed a state inspection due to my airbag light illuminating. I have read that "certain" Chrysler 200's 2012 they are to reprogram the tipm then replace the occupant restraint module if needed. They refused to replace this gave me an estimate of $400. I called Chrysler and they also said my car was not recalled based on the VIN and my issue. I am a single mother with two kids my car has 67,000 miles on it has never been wrecked or damaged and I believe Chrysler should replace this. My car is only 4 years old an airbag should not become defective in 4 years. This exact issue is what other 2012 Chrysler 200S have also. I am still unable to have my car pass a state inspection and I also informed Chrysler that when passengers ride in that seat they are putting lives at risk by not acting quickly. It is dangerous and Chrysler should recall all 2012 200's. it hey informed me the problem is in the dash I don't even feel safe driving my car what if my air bags don't deploy? I will live with that the rest of my life and Chrysler should be held accountable for negligence. Just because my VIN number doesn't match at this time or the time frame they claim the defects were installed doesn't mean the part they installed isn't defective. I hope you all take this matter very seriously. This is a safety issue that could take or save lives.

- Staunton, VA, USA