4.7

2013 Chrysler 200 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 200:

2013 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 042014

200 6-cyl

We drive a 2013 Chrysler 200, 3.6L V6. We have 12,500 miles on the car. This month we are experiencing a stalling problem at slow speeds when getting ready to stop. I took the car on the highway to see if the problem existed at high speeds. I set the cruise control and it died two times in ten minutes. The car started back up with no problems. I checked on line to see if there were any recalls on my 200. There is an NHTSA campaign number 13V043000 (Feb 06,2013) that is categorized as fuel system, gasoline. This may be the issue but the Chrysler dealer did not acknowledge this as a recall for my vehicle. This recall is for a gas tank that has a broken control valve in the fuel tank assembly. I think that my problem with the car could be one that was discovered two years ago on 2011 Chrysler 200 with 3.6L V6 engines. My car has shut off when idling or coming to a stop without a warning sign and no dash indicator light. I turned the key to off and restarted the engine. It started right away and I believe that it let me start it while it was still in drive. My car has stalled (4) times in the last week. The NHTSA opened an investigation into stalling problems on June 22, 2012. It covered an estimated 87,288 vehicles. Chrysler announced they had identified a powertrain control module (PCM) defect in their 3.6L engines. The PCM was initiating a purge monitor check while the engine was at idle or slowing down. The purge resulted in an "overly rich vapor condition that caused the engine to stall". Chrysler developed a software patch which reprograms the PCM. The patch was released as part of a "customer satisfaction program" in September 2012. The NHTSA closed the investigation and did not force Chrysler to issue a recall because Chrysler classified the problem as "low risk".

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jul 242014

200 4-cyl

While traveling on interstate 75 at 60 mph, the engine suddenly stopped - no warning. The car was still in drive. The engine turned off without any warning and I had to drift to the side of the road and turn it back on.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Sep 092013

200 4-cyl

2013 Chrysler 200 convertible was bought new and a few weeks after purchase, this cars transmission got stuck in 1st and would not shift...this is an automatic transmission...took it in and was told it was fixed...long story short...this same problem has occurred 7 times...the dealership...glen E. thomas in signal hill, ca. Did all they could to repair the car and were always very nice and accommodating. This is a factory problem and it was just in again a 7th time in May 2014...it happens on the freeway and my wife refuses to drive the car anymore...I have a new car, not even a year old and less that 6000 miles and cannot get the transmission to work correctly...now the driver side door and window rattles and is very annoying...car has been in 2 times for that...love the car but it is not working properly and is very stressful and disturbing to me and my wife because we are always nervous that the problem could happen again and leave us in danger.

- Long Beach , CA, USA

Apr 222014

200 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while traveling 25 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was towed to the dealer but was neither diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,500 and the current mileage was 1,560. Updated 06/27/14

- Brooklyn, MN, USA

Aug 122013

200

This vehicle does not drive properly. The rpms run high and many times does not shift out of 5 gear while driving at high speeds. I have complained about this since I bought the vehicle, however have been told "that is how this car drives", "it is ok to red line your car". after several complaints the dealership GM finally agreed there was something wrong and the "flashed" my car. After that I was getting 30 mpg highway and it was shifting without me having to take my foot of the gas. Less then 5,000 miles later it is back to the way it was. Dealership now says it is fine, yet I am averaging on the interstate 22 - 25 mpgs. I am so frustrated with the service I am receiving.

- Sturtevant, WI, USA

Sep 162013

200 6-cyl

The car stalls when slowing down for a stop sign or when taking of from a stop. At one point it stall going about 20mpg. This is really unsafe, with no signs it just stalls.

- Gonzales, CA, USA

May 162013

200 4-cyl

Malfunction light came on during date of purchase. Tech said that it was due to the battery being jump started. Light came on again, and code came back as smoke signal...I was told that the smoke test passed. Took car to another dealership. They kept the car for five days and found the following errors: Seal for the trans filer missing, leaking esim. The problems were stated as fixed. However to date, hot oil message is coming on. Also the car is cutting off shortly after engine is started. Car rattles when at a stop light and then shuts off.

- Bayonne, NJ, USA

Dec 102012

200 4-cyl

Engine misfires and stalls at start up and stall at stop signs. Manufactured date 09-28-2012 as of July 2 2013 Chrysler has not fix the problem. They tell us that they are working on it. It has been over a month without a solution.

- Wallingford,, CT, USA

Jan 162013

200

I bought my 200 in December 2012. Starting in January, the car idles very strangely. When I start the car the engine rattles as if it does not want to start. The brakes have always squeaked as if they need to be replaced and when I asked the dealership, I was told that this is normal and every car squeaks. Lastly, it is difficult to drive during the evening time because of the low lighting. I do not believe I will ever by Chrysler again because the car runs as if it 60,000 miles old. I am afraid it is going to break down any moment. I wish I would have bought the Honda Accord.

- Seattle, WA, USA