4.8

2014 Chrysler 200 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Dec 122016

200

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. While driving various speeds and parking the vehicle, it lunged and jerked forward while the brake pedal was depressed. The failure occurred without warning. In addition, the ABS failed to operate correctly. The vehicle was taken to a dealer, but no failures were found. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 73,257.

- Shelbiana, KY, USA

Apr 122015

200

The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. While driving at 30 mph, the vehicle jerked. The vehicle was taken to a dealer. The contact was unsure about what part needed to be repaired within the transmission; however, the failure recurred on numerous occasions. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 14,900.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Nov 042014

200 6-cyl

The engine light came on and the car was overheating the car was rolling backwards when at stop light. Problem was heat sensor. Transmission went twice on 3/10/2015 and 3/19/2014 both times I was driving with my granddaughter in the car and due to the deceleration caused by the transmission I was almost rear ended by truck behind me.

- White Plains , NY, USA

Aug 022014

200

Shortly after purchasing my 2014 Chrysler 200 3.6 this year I noticed problems. When driving in speeds of 10-35mph it would occasionally jerk/lunge while shifting into gear. I was told this is normal. It didn't happen often or all the time. Then this week before we left for vacation we had the dealership change the oil and check all the fluid levels. I have 8400 miles on my car. While on vacation we were doing a lot more stop and go driving. The jerking and lunging was happening again, and then our engine light came on. We are out of state and now have to figure out what's going on with this. The car is running fine otherwise, the oil level is good and the gas cap is on. Not sure what to do at this point. However, sounds like this jerking/ lunge issue has been a problem for quite some time and there has been no fix yet! great!

- Johnston , IA, USA

Dec 282013

200 4-cyl

The car was purchased on 12/27/13. The next day, after stopping at a stop sign and the car would not accelerate when the driver pushed the gas. After pushing the accelerator repeatedly, the car moved. The dealer said the car was 1 1/2 quarts low on transmission fluid. Subsequently, on several occasions, after stopping at a stop sign or to let oncoming traffic pass, the car has stalled as the driver pushed the gas then it jumped into gear. Another time, the vehicle jumped into gear as the driver slowed to make a turn. When the car was taken back to the dealer, they found the transmission filtered was cracked and replaced it. However, the problems with the transmission continue. Took the car in for test driving, we intend to leave the car at the dealership to be test driven over time. The problems are not evident every time the car is driven. Additionally, today some knocking occurred under the car when the brakes were pressed. The car was purchased so it could be used for highway travel, but I am fearful of driving it on the highway because if it does not accelerate the car could be rear-ended.

- Cleveland, OH, USA