2014 Chrysler 200 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

May 222016

I have a 2014 Chrysler 200 touring. "takata recall" my air bag light comes on and stays on, I took it to the dealership where they told me that something has malfunctioned but refused to fix it. I have been dealing with this problem since my car has reached 30,000 miles. Not only that problem but my alternator has recently gone out at 50,000 miles. I will definitely not recommend this vehicle to no one.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

Jun 302015

I was at a red light and was rear ended, speed limit was 35 mph he did not even try to stop.head restraints deployed and hit me causing injury as well as anxiety.

- Leyden Township Melrosepark, IL, USA

Jan 012015

I have taken my car into the dealership to address the constant squealing of the brakes and the emergency brake indicator light randomly turning on. The dealership said there was nothing wrong with the brakes or the electrical system. The brakes are so loud and noisy that people can hear my car coming from far off, they sound like I own an old beat-up vehicle that has never been serviced. This car is brand new and should not be so embarrassingly loud each time I hit the brakes whether it's at a slow creep or on the highway. The emergency brake indicator light on the dash is also very concerning. At first the indicator light for the emergency brake would come on at the top of any hill or incline, like at the top of a ramp to enter the freeway. Now, the indicator light for the emergency brake randomly comes on at least once a day. I am afraid that one day the vehicle will try to engage the brake itself, or that my car will lock up while I am driving fast down the highway. The emergency brake has never been engaged manually by me except when I park at locations where I use the E-brake as a safety precaution. This should not happen while driving and especially if I haven't touched it. The dealership says there is nothing wrong, I beg to differ. The tire sensor for my passenger side, rear tire always says the tire pressure is low as well. It will say the tire is low about once a month, and it's always only this tire. I check the pressure with a hand gauge and all is fine. This vehicle obviously has some sort of electrical issue and the brakes are just horrid!! I would love to get rid of this vehicle but unfortunately with it being so new I am far from being able to do so. What a disappointment Chrysler!!

- Heartland, TX, USA

May 142015

An electrical fire severely damaged my vehicle. The fire started while the vehicle was being driven. At the time of the fire no accessories were plugged in to the 12V power port. To the best of my knowledge the only accessories that were being used at the time of the incident were the A/C and the radio. The fire was extinguished by a homeowner, but the vehicle sustained heavy damage to the instrument cluster between the front seats. The car is still covered under the full manufacturers warranty, but at this point I am being told that this is not considered a warranty issue because they can not prove that the fire wasn't started by a device plugged into the 12V power port.

- Bellevue, MI, USA