2014 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jul 132016

2014 chry 200 LX: Air bag light came on after starting car at 58,000 miles and stays on! dealership in costa mesa ca will not repair without paying $$$$. I really think 2014 200 LX have faulty air bags. Please recall.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

May 302016

At approximately my air bag light has lit up, off and on for two weeks now. My car was purchased last year in June. It had 37K miles when bought and now has 55K. I called the dealership we bought it from and they don't service Chrysler. I called Chrysler and they said too bad, we can't help you. My warranty just ran out and now I am stuck with out of pocket expenses even though they are not sure what is wrong with it. They said my airbags will not deploy if in an accident when this light is on. I am not sure what to do since this is our family vehicle. I have seen where other year, make, and models have been recalled for this very reason. Please help.

- Francesville, IN, USA

May 222016

I have a 2014 Chrysler 200 touring. "takata recall" my air bag light comes on and stays on, I took it to the dealership where they told me that something has malfunctioned but refused to fix it. I have been dealing with this problem since my car has reached 30,000 miles. Not only that problem but my alternator has recently gone out at 50,000 miles. I will definitely not recommend this vehicle to no one.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

Feb 012016

My airbag indicator light came on with 50,000 miles and was told while the light is on the bags will never deploy I called Chrysler and the said that's too bad but we can not help you, sends a clear message safty is not one of Chrysler high priority, now the check engine light is on and the engine is mis-firing on cyl. 5 more of Chrysler's bad design antother reason they can not sell a chyrsler 200 so the stop building them. The CEO is trying to get another car company to merge with Chrysler but who whats to pay your bills Mr. CEO

- Temperance, MI, USA

Jul 172015

When we were involved in the accident, we were going interstate speed in Nebraska at 80 mph, we hit a large road sign that totaled our vehicle. Our airbags did not deploy and I have photos and videos. Also my car is at performance auto body shop in Lincoln Nebraska and the airbags were not deployed when the auto body shop received the vehicle.

- Waldorf, MN, USA