2014 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Chrysler 200:

2014 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Nov 072016

None

- Oxford, MS, USA

Dec 282015

200

The contact owned a 2014 Chrysler 200. While driving 30 mph pulling out of a driveway, the contact's vehicle was struck on the front driver side by another vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The driver sustained left shoulder injuries. The contact was transported by ambulance to the hospital. The driver in the other vehicle sustained back injuries and was also transported to the hospital by ambulance. The vehicle was towed to a tow lot and then to a local body shop for inspection by the insurance company. The contact's vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags, seat belts). The contact was no longer in possession of the vehicle. The VIN was invalid. The failure mileage was 29,000.

- Port St Lucie, FL, USA

Mar 062016

200

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2014 Chrysler 200. While crossing four lanes of traffic, another vehicle traveling at a high rate of speed crashed into the front passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The contact's head struck the steering wheel with force. The contact sustained a concussion, soft tissue injuries, and neck strains. Medical treatment was required. The air bags failed to deploy. The vehicle was towed by the insurance company to a repair shop. The body damage was repaired, but the cause of the failure was not determined. A police report was filed. The dealer and manufacturer were not notified. Months later, the contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V668000 (air bags) and was to check with the manufacturer to investigate the failure and address the recall notification. The failure mileage was not available. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Wichita Falls, TX, USA

Nov 012016

200

I was notified by mail that the occupant restraint controller was causing a loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability during a crash. I called Chrysler and was told that the parts would not be available to fix my vehicle for 2-5 months. I explained that this is the only vehicle that I own and I have a child riding with me. I drive at least 50 miles per day and I felt unsafe driving knowing this about my vehicle. They said there was nothing that they could do and that they would notify me when the parts became available. If there is a known problem that the seatbelts and airbags are not working properly in the event of a crash I feel as if they need to offer a option for the vehicle owners who use this vehicle as their daily driver. I feel as if they are not taking into consideration the safety of my daughter and I in the event of a crash.

- Franklin, IN, USA

Oct 142016

200

Air bag lights are on, car is at 40K miles, dealership says it's out of warranty. The air bags have never deployed. If you look through the complaints for this vehicle you will that many people have the same issue. If you have the same issue, please file a complaint here.

- Tonawanda, NY, USA

Mar 052016

200

Around 40K miles I noticed that my air bag deployed indicator light would light up randomly at first but eventually and now at 53K miles is always on as if my air bags were deployed. I have taken this issue to the auto repair shop and was told to contact the manufacturer. I had a similar incident with the brake light indicator that eventually went away. I dont feel that I should be responsible financially for this manufacturer defect. This issue has me worried if the air bags even work at all in the event of an accident.

- La Habra, CA, USA

Jul 132016

200

2014 chry 200 LX: Air bag light came on after starting car at 58,000 miles and stays on! dealership in costa mesa ca will not repair without paying $$$$. I really think 2014 200 LX have faulty air bags. Please recall.

- Santa Ana, CA, USA

May 302016

200

At approximately my air bag light has lit up, off and on for two weeks now. My car was purchased last year in June. It had 37K miles when bought and now has 55K. I called the dealership we bought it from and they don't service Chrysler. I called Chrysler and they said too bad, we can't help you. My warranty just ran out and now I am stuck with out of pocket expenses even though they are not sure what is wrong with it. They said my airbags will not deploy if in an accident when this light is on. I am not sure what to do since this is our family vehicle. I have seen where other year, make, and models have been recalled for this very reason. Please help.

- Francesville, IN, USA

May 222016

200

I have a 2014 Chrysler 200 touring. "takata recall" my air bag light comes on and stays on, I took it to the dealership where they told me that something has malfunctioned but refused to fix it. I have been dealing with this problem since my car has reached 30,000 miles. Not only that problem but my alternator has recently gone out at 50,000 miles. I will definitely not recommend this vehicle to no one.

- Alexandria, LA, USA

Feb 012016

200

My airbag indicator light came on with 50,000 miles and was told while the light is on the bags will never deploy I called Chrysler and the said that's too bad but we can not help you, sends a clear message safty is not one of Chrysler high priority, now the check engine light is on and the engine is mis-firing on cyl. 5 more of Chrysler's bad design antother reason they can not sell a chyrsler 200 so the stop building them. The CEO is trying to get another car company to merge with Chrysler but who whats to pay your bills Mr. CEO

- Temperance, MI, USA

Jul 172015

200

When we were involved in the accident, we were going interstate speed in Nebraska at 80 mph, we hit a large road sign that totaled our vehicle. Our airbags did not deploy and I have photos and videos. Also my car is at performance auto body shop in Lincoln Nebraska and the airbags were not deployed when the auto body shop received the vehicle.

- Waldorf, MN, USA