CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 3)

Nov 042015

200

Stopping the vehicle as I was traveling down my street, came to a stop sign, hit the brake pedal, became extremely stiff and hard to stop. No longer stopped after that and had to be towed to nearest Chrysler dealer. Brake light came on and a service electronic brake warning came up on info screen. Luckily was not traveling fast enough so I still managed to stop with parking brake and shifting into neutral

- Elizabeth, NJ, USA

Apr 152015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. When the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle jerked and accelerated independently. The contact also stated that when the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle reduced in speed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. In addition, the vehicle experienced an abnormal noise coming from the brakes. The vehicle was scheduled to be taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Jul 062015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at low speeds, the vehicle stalled several times. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than once and they were not able to replicate the failure. The contact also stated that the brake lights failed to illuminate intermittently. In addition, the contact stated that the key failed to turn in the ignition switch. The contact was also notified of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) and the dealer was unable to determine when the parts would be available for months.. the manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. The failure mileage was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Oct 222015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. That while parked, the vehicle accelerated without warning. The brake pedal was depressed, but failed to respond. As a result, the contact crashed into a building and the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a collision center, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Sunrise, FL, USA

Jun 112015

200

When vehicle is in reverse, there is a consistent and loud squealing/squeaking. Dealer has attempted to repair multiple times with new breaks pads etc. Issues still exist, issue is know by fca corporation. Dealer has stated that this has been an issue with fca vehicles over the past few years and there is no fix for this issue. Fca has attempted to go through there technicians but no resolve for the issue, was told this issue is normal with fca vehicles. This is a breaking issue that there appears to be no resolve through fca even though it's a known issue with the vehicles according to dealer and fca. The concern is it is a breaking issue. Dealer: Carl burger 619-463-9321 dealer rep: David garcia

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Oct 012015

200

Twice in the past few months, as I was driving to work my brakes failed & I received a notification on my dashboard stating that there was an electronic brake system failure.

- Rockford, IL, USA

Feb 202015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact heard an abnormal noise coming from the engine and brakes, the dashboard overheated, and the vehicle hesitated to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the vehicle was functioning as designed. The vehicle was not repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:15V470000(electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 2,100.

- Elk Grove, CA, USA

Apr 062015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at 70 mph, the vehicle accelerated rapidly when the brake pedal was applied. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was repaired, but the failure recurred. The details of the repair were unknown. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,500.

- Benton, AR, USA

Sep 022015

200

Transmission failure it was replaced once and went again so less than 20K miles and it went through 2 transmissions. I feel very unsafe and refuse to drive the car after the last incident. A/C froze up had to replace carpet in vehicle 2X I have had a rental car for the last 2 months while it was being repaired. Transmission failed going up hill 70 mph in pa with semi-truck behind me who almost rear ended me the vehicle shut off and I lost all power including power steering. I slowed down at 15 mph the car went into park and the E-brake went on and jerked us all over the car.

- Fort Mill, SC, USA

Aug 172015

200

Brakes stopped working. After they stopped working and almost caused a crash the light to service the brakes came on. Not even a year old. Also had problems with the uconnect working but the brakes were a huge deal breaker.

- Washington, DC, USA

Aug 042015

200

Had a doctor's appt. Leaving home 2min. Into drive car didn't go over 5mi. Stopped car ran throw gears until I felt it catch, brakes fade sitting at a light, car speeds up going down hill, smell of burning wires 6/28/2015.

- Akron, OH, USA

Jul 092015

200

The forward collision warning system has never worked and Chrysler service has been unable to fix it.

- Berkeley Heights, NJ, USA

May 292015

200

While backing into a driveway the brakes made a loud screech/grinding noise and did not stop as it normally would have causing me to almost back into another vehicle. Chrysler has attempted to repair the vehicle multiple times and the vehicle continues to randomly make this sound and fail to stop normally. The dealership claims that the brakes are performing normally and besides the screech there is no problem with the vehicle.

- Fontana, CA, USA

Apr 092015

200

On April 9, 2015, with my entire family in the car, we suffered a complete computer shutdown at 55 mph just four miles from my home. I was able to get my car almost off the road before it coasted to a stop. During this shutdown I was not able to steer the car, use the brakes, use the gas, or pull safely off the road. After tugging the shifter nob into park and trying to start the car it just made terrible clicking sounds. The service lights would flash and the car would shake as the engine was making these loud clicking sounds. I was not able to restart the car and was forced to leave it where it sat for the tow truck to arrive. I was informed that there was a problem with the power distribution center and it needed to be replaced. I was without a vehicle for 7 days from the time needed to get the part and having to wait for a ride to the dealership to pick my car up. The car continued to shift at odd times and it still lunged when put into park and lights would occasionally flash on dashboard. I assumed that this was due to the new 9 speed transmission. On July 23, 2015 at 1:15pm my car once again suffered a total shutdown identical to the previous one. This situation was far more frightening due to my speed and location of the shutdown. I was traveling at 65mph in heavy traffic on I-26 in North Carolina. If not for the alert drivers behind me I would have suffered catastrophic injuries if not death due to losing all speed and steering on a busy interstate.

- Columbus, NC, USA

May 252015

200

Engine is revving high, vehicle stall on the highway over five times, vehicle over heats, vehicle has a winning noise, vehicle transmission jumps plenty of time, vehicle rev, vehicle has slow acceleration, vehicle has slow start up, vehicle steering is rattling.

- Miami, FL, USA

May 272015

200

I was driving down road heard a noise when I hit a bump and continue hearing noise when hitting bumps. Then on Saturday morning noticed brake grinding noise then Saturday afternoon when driving home the caliper came off and damaged my rim. When I jacked car up to inspect I noticed the retaining bolts for the caliper missing

- Kingsland , GA, USA

May 012015

200

On a few occasions going down hill on a highway, there is an unintended acceleration. Then the transmission will stall into gear going downhill as well. The engine will be at very high RPM for the speed I go which is 45-50. Often when I back out in reverse, the brakes make a humming noise.

- Lake Elsinore , CA, USA

May 132015

200

I was driving along a two lane hwy doing about 50-55mph when suddenly the service transmission light came on. I lost throttle capability and basically I was now coasting on a windy and hilly road. I was able to pull off at a safe place before I stopped. The transmission would not shift into park and though the selector still indicated "P" it was really in neutral because if I took my foot off the brake my car rolled backward. My parking brake wouldn't engage at first either. I held my foot on the brake as I called roadside assistance. At this point I was concerned I wouldn't be able to exit my vehicle. As I was talking with roadside assistance I kept trying to put the car into park and/or engage the parking brake. Finally the parking brake worked and I was able to take my foot off the brake. I then decided to try to restart the car. When I turned the car off the transmission defaulted to park. So now I was safe to exit. Once the car was restarted the transmission would not shift out of park. Waited nearly 3 hours for a tow.

- Bloomfield, KY, USA

May 032015

200 4-cyl

On May 3, 2015 while driving down the highway with my children, the car stalled and I lost complete control of all steering and braking function. I immediately placed on my hazards as cars swerved left and right to avoid slamming into me. I attempted to restart the car and it wouldn't restart. After sitting for approximately 5 minutes, the car finally restarted. As I finally started to go, the car would accelerate quickly and then slow down. Within 10 minutes, it stalled again while driving. It did this 2 more times. Service was called and the car was taken to the shop. The next day I received a call that the car was fixed. I picked up the car and drove it for one day. Driving home from work on May 6, 2015, it again stalled while I was driving and almost caused me to crash as I lost all steering and braking ability. Again, the car would not restart. Service was called and took the car to a different authorized dealer. I received a call today May 8th that the car was fixed and ready to go. I picked up the car and drove home. Before arriving to my home, the car stalled again and again I lost all steering and braking ability. Service was called once more and the car was taken back to the shop it went to the first time this happened on May 3.

- Townsend, DE, USA

Feb 272015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at 20 mph, the brake pedal was depressed and the brakes failed without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the brake booster needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100. Updated 6/22/15

- Yulee, FL, USA