CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Jul 012016

200

Starting in July 2016, I have had issues with my parking break. On 3 separate occasions (most recent on 8/19/16), the parking break would not release and I was unable to drive. I was stuck for about 20-30 minutes each time. The car jumps as I accelerate (this has been happening since from day 1), as if it is having a problem transitioning between gears. This tends to happen when I am driving low speeds, like driving out of a parking structure, or accelerating from a complete stop. Yesterday my car would not start. Electricity was on (radio, lights etc) but the car would not start. Jumping it helps.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Aug 072016

200

Park brake switch light was on would not disengage the cable was take. Of battery to try to reset the settings didn't work! my car had to be towed to nearest dealer I have not receive letter on no recall

- Kermit, TX, USA

Jul 292016

200

Took my car into private shop for an oil change at 11967 miles on 7/29/2013. Was told that both of my front calipers are leaking. Took to nearby Dodge dealer so I could get to work on time. The service writer blew excuses at me. "well that is not a leak." Looking right at the driver side caliper I said ok then what is seaping from that caliper. And he continued saying that this not something the dealer has seen as a problem. They ended up not releasing the car to me because of the brake calipers. I have a rental now. So did I buy a timebomb" I had problems with my 2013 challenger rt with a very soft brake pedal. Can you help" I am scared to get back in this 200.

- Kansas City, MO, USA

Feb 022016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the brakes failed, and the service stability and traction control lights illuminated. The vehicle independently surged at a high rate of speed while reversing or in drive. When the driver reversed the vehicle, it backed into the garage door twice without warning. The driver applied force to the brake pedal both times and the vehicle continued to surge forward. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The dealer diagnosed the vehicle twice, but was unable to provide a repair solution. The dealer replaced the brake switch, but the failure continued. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired for months. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000....updated 09/14/16

- Myerstown, PA, USA

Feb 012016

200

Small screetching noise can be heard from break caliper area as foot break pedal is released. Most noticeable after proceiding from a complete stop.

- Wilmington, CA, USA

Jun 122016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 60 mph, the vehicle failed to accelerate when depressing the brake pedal. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the braking system failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The approximate failure mileage was 8,000.

- Gulfport, MS, USA

Mar 012016

200

The car is burning oil. 35 qt in 6000 miles. That is all you smell as you drive or at idle. The car jerks back and forth as you drive not good form my 5 yr and 3 yr old necks when its jerking them back and forth. As we brake the car feels like it is giving gas to go. The car has died at stop signs in the middle of know where.

- Pella, IA, USA

Oct 192015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at 35 mph, the vehicle abruptly stopped without the brake pedal being depressed. The contact mentioned that the emergency brakes were independently engaged. The failure recurred intermittently. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) however, the part for the recall was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 17,000.

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Feb 252016

200

When applying the brakes while backing up, the brakes make a grinding / rubbing noise. The problem is intermittent and happens at different times of the day. It started with just 1,200 miles on the vehicle. There is a problem which Chrysler claims they cannot find.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 232016

200

In January 2015, I purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200S from reedman toll auto world. I owned the vehicle for approximately 3 months and in March, 2015 during a snowstorm I was driving in the vehicle with my fiance and 5 year old son. I was traveling at approx 30mph in bensalem, pa. The vehicle locked up. The parking brake engaged, no power steering, no ABS, no traction control, transmission stopped engaging. I hit the brakes and slide into an intersection. I had my fiance get into the drivers seat and I push the car off the roadway into a side street. At that time I walked my fiance and son home approximately 1 mile to our apartment. I then walked back to the disabled car. I waited for approximately 2 hours for a tow truck to arrive from Chrysler roadside assistance. The vehicle was towed into reedman toll auto world. When the car was looked over it was deem to be fine and I was told to pick it up. I did not do that. I told them I didnt feel safe driving that vehicle any longer. So then I spoke with the general manager of reedman's and they told me they could get me into a different vehicle. I was poorly educated with my options back then and I wanted to just get a safe vehicle for my family. So I purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200C. On January 23th, 2016 I was driving my 2015 Chrysler 200C with my fiance. I was driving at approximately 20mph and the identical situation occurred again. It was 10 months after my last incident and with a totally different vehicle. This time I contacted Chrysler directly. I still havent heard anything from Chrysler. Reedman's told me that there was some snow in there and they removed that and re flashed the computer system and now its "perfect". I find this to be really unacceptable and unsafe. More information including pictures and videos can be provided.

- Levittown, PA, USA

Oct 292015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that when the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle hesitated to completely stop. In addition, the contact stated that the vehicle jerked without warning. The contact mentioned that the failure occurred after the vehicle was serviced under an unknown manufacturer recall. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician informed the contact that the vehicle was operating as designed. The failure recurred several times. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,902. The VIN was not available.

- Wilson, NC, USA

Dec 312015

200

Brakes locked while in motion trying to stop at 35 mph. Resulted in rear-end crash and no airbag deployment.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 192014

200

I purchased my car in Sept. 2014. The car that I test drove was nothing like the car I got. When I mentioned the difference to the sales person, he stated that they were the same and that the car had to adjust to the way I drove. I took the car back to the dealer because they forgot to do service work on the car previously and the service manager stated that the car would feel better after 250 miles. I informed him that the car had 500 miles and he stated that it should "feel smoother soon." I took the car back up to mack haik Dodge in georgetown tx, where I purchased it and a manager told me that he would like to make things right and I should look for something that I liked and they would help me. The sales person that was going to "help" me was someone that I met at another dealership who told me that his wife had the same car and that half of them came out with problems and the other half was fine. He stated that I probably got one with problems. He stated that they were either great of had issues. I am now going to a different dealership to try and have the recall fixed. The recall is for the problem that I have been telling them for a year. At one point they told me that they could not fix anything because their transmission guy was out on sick leave. My car has been dangerous since I bought it. It hesitates when stepping on the accelerator on the highway. When the car starts out, it lunges forward and feels like a bucking horse. I was embarrassed to put people in my car. I worked with a government Agency that transported children and felt terrified to place a child in my car. Mack haik has been absolutely horrible. Their solution for my problem was to purchase another car with a $200 dollar more payment. I've been so frustrated that I considered a lemon law attorney. I contacted Chrysler and they said the dealer had to correct the problem. Can you help?

- Austin, TX, USA

Dec 082015

200

Brakes locked up which didnt allow me to stop, and caused an accident

- Lancaster, CA, USA

Aug 302015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle would not start. The vehicle was towed to the dealer and an unknown repair was performed, however, the failure recurred. On another occasion, the contact stated that while coming to a complete stop and the brake pedal depressed, the vehicle continued to move and swayed left and right. The vehicle was taken to the dealer and was diagnosed that the vehicle needed an alignment. The vehicle was repaired but the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Oct 142015

200

My transmission keeps slipping and it's becoming hazardous to drive on the road. Would not recommend purchasing this vehicle!!

- Fairfield, CA, USA

Nov 042015

200

Stopping the vehicle as I was traveling down my street, came to a stop sign, hit the brake pedal, became extremely stiff and hard to stop. No longer stopped after that and had to be towed to nearest Chrysler dealer. Brake light came on and a service electronic brake warning came up on info screen. Luckily was not traveling fast enough so I still managed to stop with parking brake and shifting into neutral

- Elizabeth, NJ, USA

Apr 152015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. When the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle jerked and accelerated independently. The contact also stated that when the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle reduced in speed. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the failure was undetermined. In addition, the vehicle experienced an abnormal noise coming from the brakes. The vehicle was scheduled to be taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was unknown.

- New Braunfels, TX, USA

Jul 062015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at low speeds, the vehicle stalled several times. The vehicle was able to be restarted. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than once and they were not able to replicate the failure. The contact also stated that the brake lights failed to illuminate intermittently. In addition, the contact stated that the key failed to turn in the ignition switch. The contact was also notified of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) and the dealer was unable to determine when the parts would be available for months.. the manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. The failure mileage was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ocala, FL, USA

Oct 222015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. That while parked, the vehicle accelerated without warning. The brake pedal was depressed, but failed to respond. As a result, the contact crashed into a building and the air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to a collision center, but was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 4,000.

- Sunrise, FL, USA