CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 12)

Sep 202016

200

I was driving home from work yesterday evening doing 60 -65 mph on hwy 6 and my car decelerated like it turned off. I tried pushing the gas and nothing happened, the engine didn't even rev up. I had warning lights flashing on my dash. I tried uploading pictures but they wouldn't attach. I coasted the to shoulder of the road and my car wouldn't disengage from drive. I turned my car off hoping that would help, but when I turned it back on it wouldn't change gears from park. I got towed to the nearest Chrysler dealership. Today I received a call from the dealership that they were going to reset some computer drive and I "should be good to go this afternoon". I told that lady there's a recall on Chrysler for that very issue and I refuse to drive that car until it's fixed. This is a brand new car. I've barely had it a year. She told me that right now they can't fix it. If they can't fix it then Chrysler needs to buy back all of these cars from the people got scammed into buying them. I've had engine trouble from this car from day 1.

- Lorena, TX, USA

Sep 152015

200

Recall # 15V470 dated 9/12/15 not fixed yet recall# 16V529 dated 8/22/16 not fixed yet parts appear not to be available.

- North Syracuse, NY, USA

Aug 312016

200 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. When the accelerator pedal was depressed, the vehicle was slow to pick up speed. The vehicle hesitated numerous times and was unable to be driven. The dealer sent a mechanic to the contact's residence to replace the safety harness, but the failure continued less than 1,000 miles later. The contact took the vehicle to a second dealer, but the failure continued. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V529000 (power train). The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000. Updated 10/26/16

- Peoria, IL, USA

Sep 072016

200

I was driving my car and it went into nuetral on its on. A car almost hit me. I then tried to put it in park and it shows its in park but it was still rolling. I called the dealership and spoke to cynthia she states that they are understaff since their techs are training this week, stated that I don't have an extended warranty (just got the car March 2016) and that the recalls I found they cannot repair at this point since they don't know and don't have the parts. I then towed the car myself to golden state auto in citrus heights, ca they tried to assist. They stayed the tcm is not responding and is stuck in nuetral. They also called the dealership and was told they don't know how to fix this.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Aug 012015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 30 mph, the check engine light suddenly illuminated and the vehicle stalled. The transmission would not immediately shift out of the drive position and an electrical burning odor was present. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the electrical wiring harness failed. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 16,000.

- Dyersburg, TN, USA

Jan 012016

200

Takata recall: My car shuts off and will not power back up or allow to start sometimes when I stop. It also will not detect my key fobs while im trying to start it. Also, it will jump very badly when going slow(street) or fast(freeway). The car also smelled like fire while I was driving one day. It also had an issue where it shut off while I was reversing. I took it to the dealership 4 times and made a complaint with corporate 2 times. They always seem to say they did not find anything wrong with my car. One of my case numbers with Chrysler corporate is 29448239 and the other is 29301258. Both were closed although I stated that the issue was not resolved.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 052016

200 4-cyl

The vehicle has had repeated electrical problems where the instrument panel will suddenly start flashing service transmission, service airbags, service brakes and during that time the electronic gear shift disengages from drive and alternates from park to low while the vehicle is moving. The dealership finally after two years of complaining and being turned away because the car was not storing an codes found the vehicle had a faulty electronic module in the transmission. This transmission has been service and reprogrammed 4 times since it's purchase in June of 2014 and now there is a new recall for the same issue. I'm not safe in this death trap.

- Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 112016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The dealer scheduled an appointment and, upon calling before arriving, the dealer stated that the parts were not available to repair the vehicle. The contact scheduled a second appointment with the dealer for August 11, 2016 and the dealer stated again that the parts were not available. The contact was unable to determine when the manufacturer would supply the parts to the dealer. The manufacturer was contacted. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Bryan, TX, USA

Jul 252016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact waited for approximately a minute to restart the vehicle and drive home. The vehicle would not start again and was towed to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the power distribution center failed. The vehicle was repaired back in November of 2015 for the same failure. The vehicle was repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 38,000.

- Atlanta, GA, USA

Jul 282016

Chrysler/dealer failing to honor recall R24/NHTSA 15V-470

- North Vernon, IN, USA

Jul 212016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled and all the warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the vehicle could not be diagnosed or repaired due to a high volume of repairs. Prior to the failure, the vehicle was remedied per NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 47,600.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jun 152016

200

My 200 stopped on more than one occassion either on the highway (285), or on the street. Had to pull to emergency lane to sit, open and close door then car started back up and was able to drive home. No radio and saved settings have to be reset ever time the car is started. Nothing will connect (phone, blue tooth etc),

- Conyers, GA, USA

Nov 162015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The dealer was unable to supply the part for the repair within a reasonable time frame. The dealer stated that the contact was placed as number 19 on a waiting list and was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The contact was not experiencing a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Coram, NY, USA

Sep 122015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Danville, VA, USA

Jul 132016

200

Driving vehicle it just pops out of gear and won't move. Often service transmission and emergency brake comes up. The engine doesn't die, but pressing the gas does nothing. I have to shut it off and sometimes it lets me put it in gear. It has been in the shop 4 times for this, each time they say it's fixed and there's no recall. My family's life has been put at risk, we were on a blind corner doing 35, and it just stops. Today, went to leave the house and it wouldn't go into gear after starting, the same service messages came up. We tried several times with no luck. At this time, dealer just says trade it in.. they have my vehicle again and we have a loaner, but I'm scared to put my children in this car, it keeps happening.

- Hot Springs, AR, USA

Feb 022016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the brakes failed, and the service stability and traction control lights illuminated. The vehicle independently surged at a high rate of speed while reversing or in drive. When the driver reversed the vehicle, it backed into the garage door twice without warning. The driver applied force to the brake pedal both times and the vehicle continued to surge forward. A police report was not filed and there were no injuries. The dealer diagnosed the vehicle twice, but was unable to provide a repair solution. The dealer replaced the brake switch, but the failure continued. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired for months. The manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 5,000....updated 09/14/16

- Myerstown, PA, USA

Jun 182016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The vehicle was serviced under NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system), but the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred several times after the recall repair was performed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The VIN and failure mileage were unknown.

- 27899 Cactus Ave Unit C, CA, USA

Jan 152016

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle hesitated and was slow to accelerate. In addition, the vehicle coasted in an abnormal way as the failure continued. The vehicle was taken to the dealer more than four times. The dealer replaced the transmission body valve, updated the software, and made additional repairs, which did not provide a permanent solution. The contact stated that the nine speed transmission models failed and the manufacturer did not take action to address the software update failure since mid 2014. The contact also experienced the alarm system going off and, upon using the owner's manual instructions, the alarm would not turn off. The dealer stated that the software needed to be updated and that the manufacturer had not yet provided the software update necessary to repair the vehicle. The dealer was unable to disclose to the contact when the software update would become available. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer a fifth time because the failure continued to occur. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was not available....updated 08/29/16

- White Hall, IL, USA

Jun 012016

200 6-cyl

2015 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to dealership unable to repair power distribution center electrical connector recall notice in timely manner. Consumer decided to call another dealership that completed recall repairs.

- Spokane, WA, USA