CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 4 of 11)

Feb 012016

200

2015 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to electrical connector parts not available to complete recall notice repairs.

- Lamberton, MN, USA

Jan 132016

200

I was driving my brand new Chrysler 200 that I bought 4 months prior and it was completely shutting off in the middle of the road... I lost control of steering until it shut completely off so I could restart it. Very scary when you have your newborn baby and 10 year old in that back seat. Not once did a check engine light come on or any sensor come on to tell me that my vehicle had no oil in it. So I believe the engine, electrical, and sensors are all messed on this vehicle. I do not feel like I should be stuck with it because in the back of my head I no longer feel safe in this vehicle. I am reaching out for help because Chrysler won't and I have owned this care since August and it was in shop for 17 days in January, I have it back but I still don't think it's running correctly.

- Lehigh Acres, FL, USA

Oct 302015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Ashland, OH, USA

Sep 302015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 50 mph, the vehicle down shifted to 15 mph without warning. The contact also stated that while at a stop light, the brake pedal was depressed and the vehicle revved as the vehicle started shaking. The failures recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 5,000.

- Brooksville, FL, USA

Jan 232016

200

In January 2015, I purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200S from reedman toll auto world. I owned the vehicle for approximately 3 months and in March, 2015 during a snowstorm I was driving in the vehicle with my fiance and 5 year old son. I was traveling at approx 30mph in bensalem, pa. The vehicle locked up. The parking brake engaged, no power steering, no ABS, no traction control, transmission stopped engaging. I hit the brakes and slide into an intersection. I had my fiance get into the drivers seat and I push the car off the roadway into a side street. At that time I walked my fiance and son home approximately 1 mile to our apartment. I then walked back to the disabled car. I waited for approximately 2 hours for a tow truck to arrive from Chrysler roadside assistance. The vehicle was towed into reedman toll auto world. When the car was looked over it was deem to be fine and I was told to pick it up. I did not do that. I told them I didnt feel safe driving that vehicle any longer. So then I spoke with the general manager of reedman's and they told me they could get me into a different vehicle. I was poorly educated with my options back then and I wanted to just get a safe vehicle for my family. So I purchased a 2015 Chrysler 200C. On January 23th, 2016 I was driving my 2015 Chrysler 200C with my fiance. I was driving at approximately 20mph and the identical situation occurred again. It was 10 months after my last incident and with a totally different vehicle. This time I contacted Chrysler directly. I still havent heard anything from Chrysler. Reedman's told me that there was some snow in there and they removed that and re flashed the computer system and now its "perfect". I find this to be really unacceptable and unsafe. More information including pictures and videos can be provided.

- Levittown, PA, USA

Feb 012016

200

2015 Chrysler 200. Consumer writes in regards to multiple recall notices. Vehicle has loss complete power while driving and the replacement of the transmission and fuse box.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 022015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) and was unable to determine when the part would become available for several months. The manufacturer was unable to determine when the parts would be supplied to the dealer. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Springfield, IL, USA

Aug 312015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Jun 162015

200

1.delayed/harsh shift from 2nd to 3rd gear. Especially harsh when the vehicle was cold. 2.vehicle lunges forward when downshifting rapidly. For example, if I was driving 55mph and had to stop quickly, as the transmission downshifted the entire vehicle would thrust/jump around 3rd-4th gears. It almost feels like the car is going to accelerate instead of stopping. 3.in a situation where the vehicle is slowed, but not stopped, and then accelerated (such as exiting a parking lot onto a major road), once the accelerator is applied, the engine rpms shoot up, but the transmission delays dramatically before upshifting, causing the vehicle to jerk. 4.at speeds between 24-26mph, the transmission jumps around wildly between gears causing the vehicle to jerk. After multiple service visits and software updates, the transmission and torque converter were replaced. The vehicle has been driven for over 3 weeks since this repair, and issues 2, 3 & 4 still exist. Other issues: 1.intermittent extended crank time┐2-3 times longer than a typical crank before starting. A.engine code showed the dealership there had been extended crank times. Dealership attempted repairs, citing an oil pressure problem, but issue continued. B.on a separate service visit, we were told this was due to a recall and they were awaiting parts. C.recall work was performed around 12/1/15, but the issue still exists. The issue has actually gotten substantially worse since the weather has gotten cold. 5.┐park┐ not engaging properly. When putting the vehicle into ┐park┐, there was a loud clunking sound. When the brake was released, the car would roll forward. A.this issue seems to have been resolved by repairs around 12/1/15.

- New Bern, NC, USA

Oct 302015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled without warning and she had trouble switching gears. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Sep 012015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Beeville, TX, USA

Sep 202015

200 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of this issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 02/18/16

- Mayfield Heights, OH, USA

Nov 012015

200

Takata recall- my vehicle was in park and rolled back almost hitting my child I reported it to dealer. Next my vehicle have been stalling and now the engine light is on and I notified the dealer. I reported that my air conditioning signal acts up. Transmission slips sometimes. I reported this as well

- Peru, IN, USA

- Clinton, MD, USA

Nov 152015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving at an unknown speed, the vehicle failed to accelerate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the power distribution center electrical connector needed to be replaced. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system); however, the part for the recall repair was unavailable. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 18,000.

- Antioch, TN, USA

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Buzzards Bay, MA, USA

Sep 172015

200

After changing lanes on the freeway I turned left turn signal to off position and the right turn signal then came on. Turned the right one on then off to get it to stop and the left one came back on. Then they were switching between left and right with me doing nothing. Finally I thought to turn hazard lights on then off to see if that would work and it did. About 3 weeks later I was riding and my fiance was driving and the turn signal came on by itself while driving down the freeway. He had to turn them on and off several times to get them to actually turn off. On another occasion I was in my sister's driveway and put the car in park and pushed the button to turn the car off. The display on the dash said that the car had to be in park before it could be turned off. Since the car was already in park on the dial, I put it into reverse and back into park to try to get it to work and when that didn't work I put it into drive and moved slightly forward then put it back into park where it finally recognized that it was actually in park and allowed me to turn it off. I took the car to the dealership where they said that there were no error codes and they could not replicate the issues, but would make note of them.

- Tumwater, WA, USA

Dec 042015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while at a stop sign, the vehicle jerked without warning. In addition, the contact stated that when accelerating, the vehicle would jump and down shift. The failure recurred numerous times. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the electrical wiring harness was replaced. In addition, the contact stated that the technician failed to reset the transmission that caused the vehicle vibrate. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where the technician reset the transmission. However, the failure recurred. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 13,700. Updated 03/16/16

- Wichita, KS, USA

Sep 152015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:15V470000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Fort Bragg, NC, USA

200

The contact owns 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Mountain View, CA, USA