Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 9 of 11)

Aug 152015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While coming to a complete stop, the vehicle stalled without warning. After restarting, the vehicle resumed normally. The failure recurred five times. On a separate occasion, while driving at various speeds, a similar failure occurred. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for one week where it was diagnosed, but the technician was unable to locate or duplicate the failure. The VIN was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system). The manufacturer was notified and stated that the part needed to repair the vehicle would not become available until sixty to ninety days. The approximate failure mileage was 9,000.

- Cupertino , CA, USA

Sep 232015

Car was running beautifully on September 22nd. It was parked in the garage overnight. When I started it the morning of the 23rd, the check engine light flashed and the car was idling very roughly. I drove slowly to the dealer, doug smith Chrysler in american fork, ut. They diagnosed the problem as being a cart and horse concern: Apparently the coil on the #6 cylinder had failed and also the coil driver in the PCM had also failed. They don't know which occurred first and then likely caused the other problem. My concern is that the car was nearly undriveable as it was; what if the PCM had suffered a cascading damage of some sort" especially, what if this had happened while I was traveling 70mph on the freeway? I just think that a component of such importance as the PCM should not fail after only 11000 miles. I now have concerns about the replacement: Will it be brand new or rebuilt? if rebuilt, how reliable will that end up being" I also feel that a spark plug coil should be more robust than to fail at only 11000 miles. I believe this failure could represent a severe danger to myself and possibly to others if it happened while the car was being driven.

- Highland, UT, USA

Jul 012011

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 35 mph, the vehicle stalled and the transmission warning message displayed. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who diagnosed that the power distribution center failed but the parts to remedy the failure were not available. The failure occurred on another occasion and the dealer replaced the transmission range sensor and transmission valve body but the failure persisted. The contact was informed that the vehicle was included in the NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system) but the parts needed to remedy the failure were not available. The failure mileage was 7,000.

- Muuskogee, OK, USA

Apr 072015

1. 1st car shutdown April 7,2015 - stopped accelerating while in motion. All warning lights illuminated on dashboard; warning statement indicated "transmission failure"; drive shift lift blinking and could not shift 2. 2nd car shutdown April 10 Chrysler 4/10/15 the very next day the same scenario occurred again - car shut off while in motion and all warning lights illuminated with indicator "transmission failure" displayed; drive shift blinking and unable to shift gears when at complete stop.4/20/15- received call from Chrysler confirmed transmission test failed per recall RO8 and transmission must be replaced. I'm Chrysler recall #R08 NHTSA recall #15V090 recall date 2/10/15 safety defect/non compliance description and safety - damaged transaxles internal could cause park rod failing to engage park feature received car on 5/1 - total transmission replacement 3. 12 noon - 6/3/15 car fails again. Warning light "serv trans" and "engage to park failed " 9/15/15 oil change completed 4. 9/17/15 car stalls while in idle park position. Turned car off waited 10 minutes while reporting to roadside asst then car starts. 5. 9/20/15 @ 1800 attempted to update software for R40 recall. Followed instructions but when the screen did not change as per instructions I called uconnect help line and was told the wrong device was sent to 2015 models. 9/20/15 @1900 9900 miles car stalls three times while in fast food drive thru, at red light on bullard, while driving on major street - drive shift light blinks - also, when placed in park, car continues to move 6. 9/22/15 car stalls again in the middle of the street despite repair of safety recall R24 power distribution center electrical connector. Car isn't picked up until 2130.

- New Orleans, LA, USA

Mar 242015

When I put my car in drive it bucks, hesitate and pulls off terribly rough, I have took car back to dealer 3 times and they can't seem to find anything wrong, I went to Chicago which is about 3 hrs from my home. I parked went shopping for about 2hrs. Came back hit locks nothing happened, walked closer to car hit locks nothing happened, tried trunk nothing for about 20 min I'm locked out of my car, the car seemed to have lost power.after standing there trying to locks finally it powered on the car had a bad ride at take off I heard noises under hood I continue to drive after the second stop I came back to car no problem it opened, I'm not happy with this car from day one it has been something this is the worst car I have ever had, on;Y had the car for 7months, it was thrown together not manufactured for perfection. This car has a problem with stalling and not wanting to pull off it just sits there then it jumps in gear the take off is very slow. I really need my car I hope there is something that can be done about this, I had a blow out on my front driver side tire hit a small hole on highway the tire instantly burst I was about 300miles from home the tires seem to have been dry rotten. The power lost just happened on 09/19/2015. The other happened stating 03/15.

- Decatur, IL, USA

Sep 122015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V470000 (electrical system); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Rosenberg, TX, USA

Sep 152015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V461000 (equipment) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Copley, OH, USA

Apr 012015

200 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V0909000 (power train) was received in April of 2015. After contacting the dealer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed to repair the vehicle were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be given. The contact had not experienced a failure. Updated 11/19/15 updated 1/14/2016

- Mount Holly Springs, PA, USA

Aug 172015

The car stalled without warning. The car completely locked up and went into park slamming the car stopped. The car was towed to star Dodge in abilene. Pins were repaired. Again at 14172 miles the car stalled without warning on the highway going 65 mph. This time it did not go automatically into park (thank god). Near accident as this was in rush hour traffic. After coasting to the shoulder, the car did start again. This time it was taken to allen samuels Chrysler in fort worth. They found nothing wrong and tightened the pins again. No one with Chrysler can assure us this will not happen again. According to there are no replacement parts available for this known issue with Chrysler 200's. Chrysler Corp case manager dawn (214)689-7958 will only say take it to the dealer for repair. I've explained that it's been to the dealer 2X now, no repairs can be made. I have children that I will not let in this car because it's a death trap. This is a ticking time bomb. Who know when it will stall again, because there is no warning, and who know what could happen, not if, but when this occurs. Chrysler is thus far refusing to do anything about this issue. We just need them to trade this car. We need the public to know that this is a known issue that thousands of 200 owner's are having.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Sep 132015

I was on my way home from work when at a red light my check engine light goes on, transmission and park break service lights go on and as the light turned green my car did not accelerate. I put my car on park turned my emergency lights and then shifted to drive. My car then kept changing shifts. As an attempt to get my car home which is only 7 min from work I drove it slowly and every stop I made my car would take at least 2-3 minutes to accelerate. As I arrived home the steering wheel got hard and displayed a warning to put emergency break to prevent from then displayed service transmission, service park break, service engine. The next day I took my car to the dealership but was told nothing about a recall for my car.

- La Puente, CA, USA

Jul 152015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the vehicle experienced various failures and all the warning indicators illuminated continuously. The vehicle was diagnosed previously for electrical failures, but the failures persisted. The dealer stated that the parts to repair the failure were not available. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was approximately 22,000.

- Siccily Island , LA, USA

Sep 102015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving 20 mph, the uconnect system failed. The failure of the uconnect system caused the radio to display all white on the navigation system screen. The vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V461000 (equipment). The vehicle was taken to the dealer to have the recall repair remedied; however, the part was unavailable. While driving in inclement weather and due to the glare from the navigation screen, the contact was involved in crash with a pedestrian crossing the street. Due to the glare, the contact was unable to see the pedestrian. A police report was filed. The pedestrian did not suffer any injuries. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 11,200.

- Wilmington, DE, USA

Feb 132015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving at approximately 55 mph, the headlights were activated, but the headlights and tail lights failed. As a result, another vehicle crashed into the rear of the contact's vehicle. The air bags did not deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained unknown injuries that did not require medical attention. In addition, while parked with the vehicle started, the vehicle jerked forward without warning and crashed into a curb. There were no injuries. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 100.

- St Louis, MO, USA

Jun 092015

When I am driving my whole panel turns off and on, I go to take off and it hesiate a few seconds than goes, it does it at stop lights and while on the highway in traffic, brakes make a real loud noise I leave it park most of the time I am at 6320 mile I bought it in April 17, 2015 I should be over 10,000 mile but I am afraid to drive

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Jul 282015

While on vacation, I was travelling down a highway at 60 mph. Suddenly the accelerator on my recently leased 2015 Chrysler 200 somehow decoupled with the drive train. The D in my dashboard started flashing and the car began coasting. The engine was on, and I had power steering, but no acceleration. Somehow, without any ability to control my car's speed, I got to the shoulder without being hit by one of the many 18 wheelers on the freeway. The car had just over 800 miles on the odometer. Eventually the car was towed to a local dealership. They helped me rent a car and I continued my vacation. They replaced a faulty crank sensor and I returned to pick the car up a week later. But before I'd even driven 30 miles, I experienced the exact same problem again. As the D in the dashboard flashed, the car essentially went into neutral and began coasting down the freeway. I almost caused an accident getting to the side of the road. My heart was racing after this horrific and exasperating experience. Chrysler roadside assistance towed the car to a nearby dealership that couldn't recreate the problem, so the dealership where I bought the car had it returned to them. They kept my car in the shop for a full week, eventually replacing the pmc. I picked up my repaired car, but lo and behold, before I had driven much more than 20 miles, the exact same thing happened for a third time, but this time on a surface road. By this time, I'm out of my mind with fear, indignation and frustration. This is my life. I only have one of them that I know of. I want to extend it as long as possible. The 2015 Chrysler 200 is dangerous and I will never feel comfortable driving it. I'm looking at all the possible ways I can get away from this unsafe and unreliable vehicle.

- Pontiac, MI, USA

Aug 172015

Brakes stopped working. After they stopped working and almost caused a crash the light to service the brakes came on. Not even a year old. Also had problems with the uconnect working but the brakes were a huge deal breaker.

- Washington, DC, USA

Jul 052015

At the time of incident, the car was 11 months old. I was driving at 50 mph when the engine stalled and would not start again. It shook and sputtered continuously when attempting to start. I had the vehicle towed to the nearest dealership. It was returned to me after one day of repairs. I drove six miles and parked at a shopping center. When attempting to leave the shopping center parking lot, the vehicle once again refused to start, even though I was told it had been repaired. I had it towed again. The vehicle underwent repairs and testing for an entire week before being returned to me yet again. I have driven the vehicle since then with no apparent issues, but the problem I encountered must be prevented before it occurs. It was life-threatening, and it would be even more so had I been driving at freeway speeds or parked in dangerous surroundings.

- Oceanside, CA, USA

Aug 102015

I was traveling on highway 17 and attempting to traverse an overpass at 66mph, when suddenly my check engine light came on and the car began to lurch and decelerate. I put on my hazards and was attempting to apply brakes and navigate to the shoulder when I lost my ability to steer the vehicle and the service transmission alarm began going off. I pressed the brakes until the car came to a complete stop (thankfully was not rear-ended) and turned the car off and back on. Luckily the car restarted, however after traveling less than 500ft the problem occurred again. This time I was able to pull into a parking lot and call my husband. I turned the car off and waited a few minutes before restarting, however the car only stayed on for about 45 seconds before it died and would not restart. I contacted Chrysler roadside assistance after providing my location, the customer service rep asked me the following question point blank "were you driving down the road and your car stalled?" to which I replied that it was curious she asked me that as it was exactly what happened. I asked her if it was a known issue and she said no she was just required to ask the question. The car was towed to the dealership and the following codes were noted: P2302, P2305, P2308, P2311. Intermittent aod and B feed circuits F3 3. the dealership flashed the PCM, inspected, repaired the pdc connector C4 terminal pushouts on pins 15 & 18. But after reading the numerous complaints here, I was not convinced that the issue was resolved. I contacted my friend and sales person who's father owned the dealership, and they assisted us with a vehicle trade as having your car die and lose steering at 66mph is a huge safety issue. I am amazed at the number of complaints on this site which has failed to raise alarm for both Chrysler and NHTSA....I guess someone has to die first due to this issue...

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Jul 252015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the vehicle decelerated as the instrument panel illuminated. As a result, the vehicle stalled. The vehicle was restarted. The contact mentioned that the failure recurred four times. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where it was repaired under an unknown manufacturers recall but the failure recurred. The vehicle was towed back to the dealer where the technician informed that the engine control module or the ignition control module needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 2,000.

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Jun 172015

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving, the vehicle independently shifted into neutral at any speed. The contact stated that the vehicle had to wait a brief period to restart the vehicle. After the failure occurred, all the warning indicators illuminated. The vehicle was taken to a dealer where the technician diagnosed that the system needed to be upgraded. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 13,000.

- Waterloo, IL, USA