CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 model year is the first of the sedan's 2nd generation. Maybe they should have stuck with the 1st generation.

2015 Chrysler 200 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Chrysler 200:

2015 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Mar 232015

200

I was at a stop sign with my spouse and I was taking a right hand turn. The car didn't move at all then all of a sudden it lunged forward causing us to jerk back and forth. I still have lower back pain because of this and my spouse neck was hurting for a couple of weeks. Other than that I have several issues that had yet to be resolved. There is a rattling sound coming from the engine compartment. They told me it was a knock and I have tried different brands of gas and it 's still there. The car still lunges forward from a stop even though it has had an update on its system multiple times. When you put the car in park it rolls forward quite a bit. 2 times it jumped out of park and into reverse. I have had an airbag issue 5 times and today it is at the dealership to be repaired again. It is the right side airbag. Connectors were changed and wiring 4 times. Car hesitates a lot especially from a stand still. I have almost gotten into accidents due to the fact that when I was taking a left on a major road from a complete stop the car rolled a little and didn't go. It hesitated jerked hard and went really slow. A grinding noise came from the tranny. Another issue I have is that my car vibrates. I don't have no ac nor radio on and it just vibrates. The tech told me that Chrysler star will not do anything for my vehicle just updates. I'm paying for a car that spends about a week in the shop once a month since April. No one can figure it but they can hear the rattling and feel the sound. I even had one tech told me that I should deal with it that I am not the only one complaining but star isn't going to do anything about it. Yet again it is at the shop today getting an update and the airbag being repaired.

- West Haven, CT, USA

Aug 092015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. While driving approximately 74 mph, the contact crashed into another vehicle and the air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact sustained neck and leg injuries that did not require medical attention. The vehicle was towed to a dealer. The vehicle was not examined to determine if it was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 25,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Xenia, OH, USA

May 272015

200

The contact owns a 2015 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that the air bag light illuminated on the instrument panel. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing. The dealer stated that an unknown sensor was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired; however, the failure recurred on five separate occasions. The contact also stated that when he accelerated and shifted gears, he could hear a loud rattling noise coming from the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. They were unable to diagnose the failure. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 1,000.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Dec 142014

200 4-cyl

Was driving on the freeway and it was dry outside, the car alert signal sounded and the air bags opened and the car stopped....updated 06-12-15 updatd 04/11/16

- Benicia, CA, USA

Dec 142014

200 4-cyl

Was driving on freeway, an alarm sounded in the car and the air bags opened up and everything locked up in the car.

- Benicia, CA, USA

Jan 192015

200

My Chrysler 200 was impacted on the driver's side most of the damage was to the left fender and driver's door. The impact was hard enough in my opinion for the side airbags to release but nothing happen my wife's head hit against the driver's door. I have pictures but do not see a place to upload. Thanks

- College Park , GA, USA