9.6

2016 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

2016 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jan 162016

200

My car will die while driving or puts itself in neutral while on the hwy. We have almost been in 5 or more accidents becasue the car behind us has no idea my car has stopped while going 65 mph and car just dies. We have been in touch with the dealer they have tried fixing this car at least 5 times as of now we have has their rental for car for over 35 days my vehicle has 19,000 we bought it brand new. Also would like to go on record if anything happens to me or my children because of this defect I gave the dealership many chances to fix they have even called someone from out of town to fix and I'm still waiting I do not want to die or get injured due to this problem also the problem started at 306 miles and has not been fixed yet

- Maumelle, AR, USA

Oct 012016

200

Vehicle lost power while pulling into traffic. 2016 Chrysler 200 S with 2614 miles...engine was warm. I stepped on the gas and lost all power (electrical), followed by engine stall behavior, power loss, stall behavior, then transmission knob light flashes "D" and instrument cluster says to select gear again. Was nearly rear ended and/or T-boned by oncoming traffic. Dealer performed 4 flash updates today.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Feb 082016

200

Thereally is a problem with the transmission and electrical system with this car. My car jerks everyday when shifting from park to drive and it hesitates. I took to the dealership for service and was told it is supposed to drive like that until the car is adjusted to my driving style. Also, onew day I was driving and out of nowhere in lose total power in the car. Took it to the dealer and they found nothing wrong. I have a 7 year old who rides with me everyday. This car is not safe.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 102015

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that hot air blew from vents when the air conditioner was activated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician added freon but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuse box needed to be replaced, but stated that the part was not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 250.

- Douglasville, GA, USA