7.6

2016 Chrysler 200 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Chrysler 200:

2016 Chrysler 200 Owner Comments

Jan 012017

200

Went to a store with a heavily sloped parking lot. Approximately 15 to 20 degrees. Parked car and went in side, returned to the car, started, and placed car in reverse, looked behind me for pedestrians and notice some people down a little ways.. proceeded to carefully pull out of the slopping parking space in reverse. Applied slight pressure to brake pedal to shifted car into drive. Removed foot from brake to apply foot to gas pedal with a little more pressure than usual due to the slop, to keep car from rolling backwards.. the car keep rolling in reverse due to the declining slop of the parking lot. Car did not engage into drive and the engine revved up to high rpms and if not for a fast reaction from me returning my foot to brake after realizing what was going on, I could of easily ran into the people that I noticed earlier. Not good! when I put my foot on the gas peddle to stop the car, the car went into gear and the car shook violently due to the high rpms. The people in the parking lot were also startled. This is the primary car for my wife and I asked her if the car has not gone into gear before. To my astonishment she said once. This car now sits in the garage awaiting the Chrysler dealer to pick it up 27,997 miles. This kind of problem could easily do harmful bodily injury to a pedestrians or my wife..

- Grand Rapids, MI, USA

Jan 162016

200

My car will die while driving or puts itself in neutral while on the hwy. We have almost been in 5 or more accidents becasue the car behind us has no idea my car has stopped while going 65 mph and car just dies. We have been in touch with the dealer they have tried fixing this car at least 5 times as of now we have has their rental for car for over 35 days my vehicle has 19,000 we bought it brand new. Also would like to go on record if anything happens to me or my children because of this defect I gave the dealership many chances to fix they have even called someone from out of town to fix and I'm still waiting I do not want to die or get injured due to this problem also the problem started at 306 miles and has not been fixed yet

- Maumelle, AR, USA

Oct 012016

200

Vehicle lost power while pulling into traffic. 2016 Chrysler 200 S with 2614 miles...engine was warm. I stepped on the gas and lost all power (electrical), followed by engine stall behavior, power loss, stall behavior, then transmission knob light flashes "D" and instrument cluster says to select gear again. Was nearly rear ended and/or T-boned by oncoming traffic. Dealer performed 4 flash updates today.

- Canoga Park, CA, USA

Feb 082016

200

Thereally is a problem with the transmission and electrical system with this car. My car jerks everyday when shifting from park to drive and it hesitates. I took to the dealership for service and was told it is supposed to drive like that until the car is adjusted to my driving style. Also, onew day I was driving and out of nowhere in lose total power in the car. Took it to the dealer and they found nothing wrong. I have a 7 year old who rides with me everyday. This car is not safe.

- Virginia Beach, VA, USA

Dec 102015

200

The contact owns a 2016 Chrysler 200. The contact stated that hot air blew from vents when the air conditioner was activated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the technician added freon but the failure recurred. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the fuse box needed to be replaced, but stated that the part was not available. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 250.

- Douglasville, GA, USA