2006 Chrysler 300 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Sep 022016

300

Takata recall I got into a car accident 9/2/16. I rear ended a car. My airbags deployed but ruptured instantly this caused me to hit my head on the steering wheel causing lots of neck and back pain and I also chipped my front tooth. My daughter was grazed by a small fragment not causing too much harm. It was horrible. We also inhaled the powder substance that was in the airbags since then I have a dry cough especially at night and a lot of heartburn.

- Opelousas, LA, USA

Sep 222014

300 6-cyl

This morning I went to the gas station this morning after I put the gas in my car it turn off automatically can't get out of gas station with out turn it on 3 times move forward a little and then turn off completely after a couple minutes got out of the gas station and I was driving to my house afraid, scare of something may happen, I stopped in stop sign it turn off again I turned back on and then drove again got into medium traffic street and it was no emergency it turn off bit this time I got a truck behind me so I turn my car into the walk side cause the truck was close to me and I would of hit me from behind my front lower bumper scratched, almost ripped, I turned on again and reverse slowly back into the street the truck driver came to ask me what happen",if I was ok " I explain to him what happen he told me I should not be driving the car anymore but I have to work he left and I kept driving with my emergency lines on a couple minutes after turn off again this time nobody was behind me turn it back on and drove again a block away from my house turn off again so I look for a safe place to parked and walked home, I call a friend to give me ride to work cause can't loose money or days or my job!!! it happen to me before I kept turn it on and I burn the water temperature sensor and killed the battery that in total cost me $411.95 dollars and I cant be working to fix this car is low in miles but no safe at all...reopen the investigation NHTSA workers or drive my car for a day...check the case on a cloverdale resident.

- Patetson, NJ, USA

Aug 172012

300

Upon driving on the highway the legal speed limit is always 70mph. While following the flow of traffic individuals ahead of me started slowing down to a cruise speed of 40-50mph abruptly. While paying attention to the change in pace I slowed down as well to feel comfortable with the flow of traffic. When checking my rearview mirror to see if there was a opening to change lanes I noticed a Ford truck coming from behind at a excelled pace. With seconds before the contact I braced myself for the wreck. Without paying attention suddenly the driver from behind ran into my rear of my car. This impact not only shattered my entire rear window, but my truck caved in, both my tail lights were knocked out, and I was knocked into the next far right lane. During the impact I braced myself and hit the steering wheel, my driver side rear mirror was knocked down and the hazard wheel alignment lights came on. While all of this occurred I was shocked my driver side airbag didn't employ. I am a male, 5?8, 160 pounds so I am sure the electronics could tell a person was visibly in the seat. Had I not seen the truck come from behind I could've been thrown out the window. I am surprised of the malfunction and wanted to report it.

- Grand Prairie, TX, USA

Nov 172011

300

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the hood hinge failed and caused the hood to close on the contact's head. The contact had to use a wooden stick to hold the hood upright. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer who stated that the hinges needed to be replaced but could not guarantee the hinges would remedy the failure. The contact did not have the hinges replaced. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- El Cajon, CA, USA