2. replace engine (1 reports)
2006 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300:

2006 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Jul 182013

300 C Hemi

I am really angry that my engine decided to blow without warning. The car was running just fine. A few days ago I was took it to go get a wheel alignment and when the mechanic asked me to start it up and pull it up to the service window, it wouldn't start. The mechanic looked under the hood and told me my engine was blown. I was devastated, and I couldn't grasp the fact that I just all of a sudden without warning needed a new engine. My engine light didn't come on, my hadn't been making any noise, no warning at all. I am really frustrated. To make matters worse, I've been doing a lot of research since it happened. There have been so many other cases identical to mine. I don't understand why Chrysler hasn't addressed the problem. I am so pissed!!!!!

- , Elk Grove, CA, USA

Sep 162012

300 2.7L

https://www.facebook.com/events/409583552448629/?context=create go to this page and get info we need to get together write a letter and all send it on the same day headquarters at Chrysler sure will like the mail thousands of letters to read at once because they need to recall the 2.7 engine in Chrysler 300 its unfair us tax payers are getting treated this way after we bailed their asses out of debt.

- , Springfield, OH, USA

Dec 062011

300 6

I bought this car new in 2007 as a left over...zero miles. I pampered this car...well I did spend over 30 grand!

Today the car just died. I took it to two different mechanics...yup, towed it twice. They both said the same exact thing. The timing chain let go destroying the valves etc. long story short, the car is now junk metal. I am still making payments on it. I am also paying a repair bill from two months ago when the entire front end collapsed. Different rant.

Anyway, I am told this is very common and hoping to find people with similar issues for possible class action suit.

Really...a car with 80,000 miles still being paid for should not have to be towed to a junk yard for scrap metal. Way to go Chrysler.

I am told this is not unusual.

- , Saugus, MA, USA

Dec 012009

300 2.7L

I don't know what to do!! The engine in my Chrysler 300 went out for no apparent reason last December 2009. I have not had the money to repair it, so I've been make 400.00 pm payments on it, plus 150.00 pm for full coverage insurance, for a car that since in my garage. I still over 13,000 on it. Any suggestions?

- , Albuquerque, NM, USA