2007 Chrysler 300 drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler 300:

2007 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 7 of 7)

Oct 012010

I have 2007 Chrysler 300 touring. Currently has 30,000 miles. Tonight I went to start it and the gear shift will not move out of park! I've read several complaints about the same issue with others of this car. What is the deal? major inconvenience!!!!!!!!!!!!

- Marrero, LA, USA

Sep 202010

Went to get into my car to drive home after work and I could not get it to shift out of park. I had no warnings, drove the car just fine to work that this morning, but went I went to leave work was when it happened. My husband came and took my center console apart around the shifter and he found the little pink part inside had broke. Why would they use a pink plastic part for such an important part"??" by the time we got home everything is closed and we can't get a price on the part yet.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Aug 222010

I have a Chrysler 300 2007. I was preparing to leave my house. I turned my car on, pressed on my brakes and began to shift the gear out of park to drive and it wouldn't budge. I left the car on check my brake lights and other parts of the car. Everything was working fine, turned the car off and tried again the engine light can on and the gear still would not adjust out of park!!!

- Brandon, FL, USA

Aug 132010

My 2007 Chrysler 300 base model has a defect where I get stuck in park and cannot get out of this position on my shift panel. I contacted my dealership and they explained to me that its a small cheap plastic part that broken off and disengaged my shift controls. Now I am very disappointed in purchasing this vehicle and will never buy any Dodge make ever because of this. I would like there to be a recall on all these kinds of makes so I would be stuck with a $200 problem that can just decide to come out of nowhere. I hope my voice is heard and if I am not regared after this complaint I will be very disappointed. Regards customer

- Chandler, AZ, USA

Nov 012009

For the last 9 months my 2007 Chrysler 300 car gets stuck in park, mostly everyday! im having to fist hit my park knob and jerk it around...and it comes out. I hear it popular in Chrysler models. It just happened to my wife's sebring 2007, it is now stuck at her work, bc we can afford to tow it anywhere.

- Little Elm, TX, USA

Jul 072010

2007 Chrysler 300 touring. Put the car in park while waiting at a long railroad crossing. Tried to shift back to drive, but it was stuck in park. Getting car towed, called Chrysler... they new exactly what the problem was- need new part inside the gear shift box... no recall on the gear shifter box yet tho.

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Jul 052009

I own a 2007 Chrysler 300 touring with only 44,000 miles on it. My gear would not shift out of park. There is an override switch ("pink" ) that did not work as well. I got online to check to see if there were any recalls on this matter and there was not; however, when I checked online, I noticed several complaints and blogs about these cars with the same problem from 2005 to current. This should be a recall matter. Today, Monday, July 6, 2009 I took my vehicle to the shop and they told me that the entire gift shift assembly was busted. They said that it was a crappy design and Chrysler has since made a little better design shift gear than the one that is in my vehicle now. I believe Chrysler is aware of this problem and they should be responsible for recalling these shift gear and replace with the "more improved" design.

- Houston, TX, USA