2008 Chrysler 300 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Chrysler 300:

2008 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 022016

300

Dealership told me that the tipm in my Chrysler 300 was bad and it would cost roughly between $1400-$1500 to repair the problem. Vehicle would not start

- Chester, VA, USA

Sep 132016

300

I have made contact with a local Chrysler deal about both recalls on my 300 with no results. I'm told they will contact me when parts are available, but they never call. I will not be held responsible for any cost if these recall issues do damage to my own vehichle or pasender in my vehicle. I have tried numeriour times to get these issues rectified and have been unable to make headway with the dealership.

- Martinsburg, PA, USA

Jul 012016

300

I got this from the toronto auto auction and two days later they recall if. I've been waiting for a while and I'm just waiting for the recall to be off of it.

- Flushing, MI, USA

May 152016

300

Is turned on the light of the bag of air and is shut down the system of the air conditioning

- Mesa, AZ, USA

Aug 052016

300

Signed up for these 3 recalls a long time ago never heard anything they say they don't have the parts this is wrong.

- Port Elizabeth, NJ, USA

Mar 022016

300

Recently we bought a 2008 Chrysler 300. A few months after we got it, it would not start. We bought a new battery and a few weeks after that, it wouldn't start. We took it to the dealership and they said they could not find anything wrong with it. Now, sometimes it will start and sometimes it wont. There is no clicking or anything like that just silence when it won't start. The horn works the lights work and the ding that lets you know the door is open. It can set for a couple of weeks and then start right up and a couple of days later, nothing. I couldn't find a recall on my specific car but I know they have had a lot of electrical problems. Can you help?

- Saint Joseph, MO, USA

Sep 182015

300

The dealer is not remedying the defect with the win module due to part not being available. It has been half a year since I called and dealer said it would call back once they have the part. On 2-18-16 I called the dealer say sit does not have the part and took my number to call back

- Brooklyn, NY, USA

Aug 292015

300

The dealership will not fix my airbag recall. (maimk haik houston, tx) I need someone to address this issue fast. This is more then a safty issue. I have made three appointments and they havent fixed my car yet.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 272015

300

The car ignition is not working, unable to know when the car will start.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Nov 102014

300

The vehicle is unsafe to drive and poses an eminent danger for the occupants of the vehicle and the general public due to safety issues for outstanding recalls. The manufacturer and dealership have no remedy available with no timeframe of when a remedy will become available for the P57 recall. The manufacturer and dealership will not compensate for the value of the car, and will not offer a rental vehicle until repairs can be made, please refer to details below: Manufacturer recall number: P57 summary: Ignition switch safety risk: Remedy: Recall status:recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available manufacturer notes: This recall data last refreshed:Aug 5, 2015nhtsa manufacturer recall number: R25 summary: The driver airbag inflator housing may rupture, due to excessive internal pressure, during normal airbag deployment events. This condition is more likely to occur if the vehicle has been exposed to high levels of absolute humidity for extended periods of time. Safety risk: An inflator rupture, during airbag deployment events, could result in metal fragments striking and potentially seriously injuring the vehicle occupant(s). Remedy: The driver airbag inflator must be replaced. Recall status:recall incomplete

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Nov 132014

300

I got a recall almost a year ago for the ignition switch and about a month or so ago for the air bag. Chrysler has told me neither part is available. My car may start and it may not start for months. It's been towed several times after not starting while out or getting off work late. I feel Chrysler have put me in some very dangerous situations of being stranded. I don't and can't drive my car because of the recalls. I pay for insurance on a car I can't drive. I feel that Chrysler should buy my car back because it is no use to me and very inconvenient. I paid thousands of dollars for your product and this is how you treat your customers. Shame on you Chrysler corporation!!!!!!!

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jan 152014

300

While traveling on I465 East and driving 65 miles an hour I changed lanes to exit the highway and the car shut off.I put it in neutral and restarted the engine. On March 3rd 2014 the car would not start and I had it towed from anderson Indiana to indianapolis Indiana by aaa. I have since paid $1400 for parts and labor and my vehicle is still not running. I also paid the vehicle off while it was not running and had to purchase another vehicle. All this without being aware of an ignition switch problem.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Apr 072015

300

On April 7, 2015 I had trouble starting my car. I thought it was the starter and took the car to my local service station where my car "died". they evaluated the car and told me it was the key and wins component. On April 8, the service station manager called me to say that the local Chrysler dealership did not know when they would be able to get the part, so I rented a car. On April 17, I was advised to call Chrysler customer service. I now had a case number and was told my issue would be expedited but the part was not available in the usa. On April 27, I wrote to the president and vp of Chrysler corporation asking for their help. On May 6, I received a call from mike at corporate headquarters saying the part would be here on May 13 (it wasn't) and Chrysler would pay for my car rental (which they did). On May 26, I was told that the keys were in but not the wins component - that might not be ready until July. Later that day, my car was fixed !! but with Jeep parts. It cost me over $1200; the trunk doesn't open with the key; the tire light remains on at all times and the Chrysler part is still not available. And I may have to pay for the repair again once the right part comes in!!!

- West Islip, NY, USA

Jun 212015

300

The engine cooling fan on my 2008 Chrysler 300 (3.5L V6) separated/blew apart during the fan operation and caused damage to the radiator. The fan and radiator needed to be replaced. There is a recall notice on the engine cooling fans for the Chrysler 300 (2006-2008) as listed on the NHTSA website; however, Chrysler claims that my car (2008 Chrysler 300) is not eligible for the recall. This is the same issue as reported by other Chrysler 300 drivers.

- Boynton Beach, FL, USA

Nov 262014

300

Recall # P57/NHTSA 14V-567 (registered under aim nationalease) I writing you due to the fact that I received this notice on 11/26/14 and my service manager has called the dealer many times to only get the answer we do not have parts to repair this recall. I feel this is not the response the public should get every time we call a Chrysler dealer. We are a transportation company that deals with class a equipment and make sure our vehicles are safe daily to be on the road. I would expect that we should get a better response from Chrysler on the issue. Please respond with the repair dealer you would like us to get this car fixed. Leroy casali regional director of maintenance 960 w. 48th avenue denver, co 80221 phone #: 303-293-8717 fax #: 303-295-6615 E-mail: Lcasali@aimntls.com website: www.aimntls.com

- Denver, CO, USA

May 022015

300

We received a recall notice for the ignition switch back in November 2014. The switch began failing in late April 2015. We took the vehicle to a local dealership (mike anderson Dodge in marion, Indiana). They said all they could do was replace the part with the same defective part and charge us for the part and the labor. They replaced the part with a part they know is defective and places our lives in danger and charged us $565 to do so. They said that when the replacement part becomes available that Chrysler may reimburse us. This does not seem right.

- Upland, IN, USA

May 102012

300 6-cyl

I have to purchase a car battery every 2.6 years. The last time this occured was at car max in oaklawn, il. Feb 10, 2015.

- Blue Island, IL, USA

Jan 172015

300

I buy today I need to know if is bad

- Washington, DC, USA

Nov 072007

300 6-cyl

A month after purchasing my car the car would not start the factory alarm and lights would automatically star flashing and come on, my car was back in the shop 35 times or more which the dealership where I purchased the car became rude and mean toward me, my ignition switch is stuck completely now and my car as of 11/15/2914 will not start. The recall parts are still not available what can I do" I'm frustrated as a single lady trying to handle my responsibility. I called the NHTSA hotline and they keep saying make sure when you turn the key to the on position, this car is designed without any words on the switch or dashboard so when lock how do you know where the positions are" when trying to put my key in the ignition it would not go in. I have know idea what to do at this point.

- Bridgeton, MO, USA

Aug 292014

300

The switch is not functioning properly, several times I have turned the switch on and it will pop back to the off position, one time I was driving across a parking lot at maybe 15-20 mph and it popped back to the off position and shut the car off while in motion, all I have on the the key ring is the key itself nothing else so it cant be the weight. I feel this is a very dangerous.

- Calhoun, GA, USA