3.2

2010 Chrysler 300 electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler 300:

2010 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Dec 152015

300

Ignition switch caused engine to shut down while driving and caused problems with starting. After three trips to dealer problem was found to be the ignition switch and was replaced. Stalling while driving is a safety issue that should be cause for a recall. Note! the expensive ignition switch was replaced at my cost. I have the repair invoices.

- Johnstown, PA, USA

Dec 152015

300

When driving my vehicle on the road. At least once every 2 days my car shuts completely off, but power and radio still on.. my engine shuts down

- Dallas, TX, USA

Jan 152014

300

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags) however, the part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Venetia, PA, USA

Jan 012013

300

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle stalled for approximately five seconds before it started. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The failure mileage was 36,060. Updated 12/18/15

- Fairmont, NC, USA

Oct 082015

300

Came out of store, turned iginition over and smoke started coming out of vents drove about 25 feet and had to evacuate car smoke was choking us. Husband lifted hood and no smoke there. So he went to the battery in the trunk and disconnected the cable thinking it would stop but the smoke got thicker. Flames started coming out of the dash. A citizen came running with a fire extinguisher and was putting the fire out and the fire dept came and finished it.

- Sylvester, GA, USA

Aug 122015

300

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler 300. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V567000 (electrical system) however, the part to do the repairs was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer had exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Odessa, TX, USA

Jun 182015

300

The contact owned a 2010 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving 45 mph, there was a loud popping sound and immediately afterwards flames emitted out the dashboard. The fire department was able to extinguish the fire. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. A police report was filed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The dealer was contacted and made the contact aware that the vehicle was included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V313000 (air bags); however, the notice had not been sent out due to the parts not being available. The contact received the noticed five days after the incident. The approximate failure mileage was 92,000. Updated 11/06/15

- Springville, AL, USA

Oct 172013

300

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that while driving 20 mph, the vehicle began to loose power. The contact stated that she pulled over and the vehicle regained power independently. The contact stated that she then saw smoke emerge from the trunk so she immediately pulled the vehicle over and exited. The vehicle became engulfed in flames. The contact was not injured. A fire report was not filed. The contact's insurance appraiser inspected the vehicle and determined that the fire originated from a battery spark. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 101,000.

- Fletcher, NC, USA

Sep 122013

300 8-cyl

My car wouldn't start by pushing start button. I called a local (Laredo) Chrysler dealership they said it was probably the key just needed to be programmed, since message showed key damaged. I took the button off and was able to drive car with key. After, $160 they returned the car to me without replacing the start button back on-- which was in cup holder. I replaced the start button and to my disappointed, car still didn't start. Ok, 1st ?, you'd think they would have tested the vehicle, since that was the initial complaint. Message still shows --key damaged! service mgr. Claims that I am already getting off easy because he didn't charge me labor, really what labor--it doesn't start. Now, he claims it's not the key...it's something else and there is no way they could have known --now I need to pay an additional $187, plus 1/2 for labor--he's cutting me a deal on the labor fees. Needless to say I asked to speak to his supervisor and he is it, wouldn't allow me nor would tell me his supervisor was. He said he was the one who made the decisions and it's final. So, I'm out $160, still didn't get my car fixed. Upon researching I saw several complaints on the (win) system for these vehicles. Is it a recall and is the dealership required to fix it? also, how can we as consumers be better educated per say to be aware of what these dealerships should be repairing/replacing based on recalls. I can bet they are not volunteering recall information at the dealership. And how can we be certain that they are actually doing the job and not just sending the car to service and not really repairing what the recall is advising to fix.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Jun 202013

300

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the vehicle failed to start. The contact also mentioned that the failure recurred intermittently. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the failure was unable to be diagnosed. The manufacturer was contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 50,000. The VIN was unavailable.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Nov 092010

300 8-cyl

On November 09, 2010 I purchased a 2010 chyrsler 300C with a hemi. On the same day I bought the vehicle the driver memory seat would not return to position when the vehicle is shut off. This was an intermittent problem. On November 10,2010 I returned to the dealership where the vehicle was purchased and complained of the problem. I have now had the vehicle to dealer on three separate occasions. Repair orders states vehicle is working as designed, shut car off first then open door. If door is opened first, will not work and the third repair order states duplicated by two employees of dealership. Vehicle was checked against stock units they all perform the same every 7th to 8th time - the seat does not return for easy exit. I was also informed there was a bulletin for this problem and it has to do with a sensor but as of this time there is no fix for the problem because chyrsler can not figure out how to fix the failure. The dealership informed me I could have the remote start button taken out and use the key and the seat will work everytime. I bought the vehicle with the remote start feature and I should be able to use that feature. The vehicle has been to dealership on November 10th,19th and 22nd of 2010.

- Port Charlotte, FL, USA