3.3

2010 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Chrysler 300:

2010 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Aug 222016

300

While driving on my way to work I was pulling up to a stop sign before merging onto busy traffic on a main road when my car cut off. I tried starting it again but it would turn over but it would not stay running. After tow attempts I stopped trying turned on my hazards and signaled for the cars behind to try to go around (as this was not easy as I was blocking traffic). No warning lights were on, or came on previously, I maintained adequate 3000 mi oil changes, and maintenance. Meanwhile a police officer helped me put the car in neutral and moved me out of the way of traffic and stayed near while I waited on the tow truck. I am grateful that my car did not stall out on the highway while I was transporting my child. The thought of my car suddenly stalling is frustrating and scary! with the mileage of my car, the engine should be the least of my worries.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Jul 142015

300

The contact owns a 2010 Chrysler 300. While driving approximately 45 mph, the vehicle accelerated independently and the throttle warning light illuminated. The contact shut the vehicle off and restarted the vehicle, but it accelerated independently while in the park position. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 83,000.

- Kansas City , KS, USA

May 292014

300 6-cyl

While driving at 35mph with the ac on the car shut down. I was able to coast to stop and re-start the car after a few minutes. Several days later the car shut down again at 40 miles per hour. With no power steering the car was difficult to get over to the side of the road. Car started again after several tries and I made it home.

- Inman, SC, USA

May 062014

300 6-cyl

While driving on the expressway as well as on city streets the car is cutting off without any warning.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Aug 122013

300

One morning my husband was on his way to work around 6 am when suddenly the car shut off with no warning or indicator. The car was still under the manufacturer warranty so we had the car towed to the dealer where we purchased it (carmax). Upon further review we were told the engine blew due to sludge build up and they needed our maintenance receipts. Even after provided the documents for the last year they still refused to cover it under the warranty because Chrysler doesn't cover sludge build up. We were advised to research this problem by a shop that sells these 2.7 liter engines because it was a common problem among these engines nation wide. Chrysler said they did not have enough complaints to issue a recall.unfortunately they'll recognize this defect when there is a catastrophic pile up on the road and people lose their lives. This link is for a petition from people around the U.S with the same problems. www.petitiononline.com/stop27/petition.html. this is a facebook link to all the people in the U.S who also have the very same problem as well as very same/similar way it occurred with low mileage, no warning, have kept up with maintenance, told same thing by their dealership etc.https://M.facebook.com/pages/Chrysler-Dodge-27L-engine-problems/158874744140697?id=158874744140697&refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2fpages%2fchrysler-Dodge-27L-engine-problems%2F158874744140697. The page is called " Chrysler/Dodge 2.7 liter engine problem ". please research this before there are any preventable deaths whom may very well include children.

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA