2011 Chrysler 300 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 300:

2011 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

May 292015

300 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that when the brake pedal was depressed, the vehicle accelerated independently without warning. As a result, the contact crashed into three vehicles. The air bags failed to deploy. There were no injuries and a police report was not filed. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 74,218. Updated 7/14/15 the consumer also stated the brake warning lights did not illuminate. Updated 01/05/16.

- Sussex, NJ, USA

Apr 202015

Bought this car in 2012; when I bought it the dealer had just had the cruise control fixed (switch replaced?) later that year the cc quit working again; so I got it fixed ( replaced) again under warranty. Then about February 2015 the cc quit again. Then when I had the car at the dealer I told them it didn't work and they tested it and aid it worked. Well now 4/20/15, the cc quit again; and has not worked all week. Very inconvenient because I don't want a speeding ticket. Basically it has worked on and off. I am hoping it starts working again because I don't want to have to pay and take the car to a dealer again. I hope to hear back about this but basically the switch for the cc has been replaced at least twice and is not reliable. Otherwise I love my car.

- Ansley, NE, USA

Jul 052014

300 6-cyl

While coming a stop, the instrument panel showed a 'system error' light and the vehicle shut down. It would not restart and was completely dead. Traffic was impeded and a series of accidents were narrowly avoided. After towing it to the dealer, I'm told that the likely culprit is the alternator which "are known to go out on these cars, right around the expiration of the warranty, " according to the service technician. Warranty on this part is 36,000 miles and my car was at 36,650 miles. After yelling and screaming, the technician said he could lower the cost from $1,100 to $900. When pressed, he said the price for the alternator alone was $600, excluding any labor. I am furious that this is a 'known problem' and yet there has been no recall and from the list of other complainants on this site, it's obvious that this is a consistent and dangerous problem. I believe that the NHTSA needs to review this problem and address it. My options are limited. I need my car back. Hopefully, when I get it returned to me, the problem will be gone. Buyer beware, apparently, this is a dangerous and pervasive problem.

- Ontario, CA, USA

Jun 182012

The contact owns a 2011 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the driver was driving 2 mph when the vehicle suddenly surged forward and crashed into a tree. No injuries were reported. The police appeared on the scene and determined that the failure was due to a mechanical defect. The vehicle was then towed to an independent repair shop, where it was awaiting repair. The manufacturer sent a field engineer to examine the vehicle. The engineer would not provide any results to the contact. The manufacturer did not provide any assistance. The failure mileage was 10,875.

- Efland, NC, USA