2011 Chrysler 300 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 300:

2011 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Apr 252016

I have been smelling gas for the last six months.O N 11-21-2015 it was dropped off at the dealer for an oil change.when I picked it up all the doors and trunk were open presumably to air out the fumes.I had my son check to see what the problem was, he found fuel leaking from the right side of the fuel tank.a large area of the sound proofing under the car was soaked with gasoline. After checking several Chrysler blogs he found out this is a common problem on several Chrysler models around 2011.I took the car to the dealer who advised it should be safe to drive. They found they found the right side fuel pump level unit leaking on top. I believe it is a dangerous situation and should be recalled.

- New Waverly, TX, USA

Jul 162013

Check engine light came on 2 blocks from home. Parked the car. The next evening we could smell gas from our front porch, ten feet from the car. Curious we opened the car and the passenger compartment was pungent from the odor of gas. Called aaa and towed to local car repair. Plastic cap on top of the fuel tank located below rear passenger seat failed, access to 2nd fuel pump. The plasic failure allowed gas leak. The repair shop indicated the plastic cap appeared deteriorated from fuel. We had the pump and cap replaced. Very concerned about the material in the cap, and the danger in the passenger compartment for consequential gas leak.

- Port Orchard, WA, USA