3.6

2011 Chrysler 300 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Chrysler 300:

2011 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Jul 192016

300

I own a 2011 Chrysler 300 with just over 46,000 miles. My wife is the driver of this vehicle. Having trouble with turning off the engine. Gear shift is in "park" but information screen says "vehicle not in park" thus will not allow me to turn off the engine. This has been happening periodically since May 2016 and has gotten progressively worse. I took car to Chrysler service center on 07 19 16, and after 1 & half days, on 07 21 16 I was told to pick up vehicle, and that they "could not duplicate customer concern." Their solution was to try shifting back to drive and then to park, or hold the shifter in park. This should not be happening!! this is not normal!!! immediately at my first stop and remainder of the day, I could not turn of the engine right away; it takes up to 9 minutes of shifting back and forth to drive and park before it finally shuts off. Today, 07 31 16, for the first time in my life, with the emergency brake engaged, I had to fuel my car with the engine still running because I could not shut it off!!! I was terrified the whole time because of the danger of explosion. Then driving down the road, the "vehicle not in park" message was still on. I could not clear this message. Then when I arrived at my destination, it took another 5-6 minutes to turn off the engine. I have to sit in my car until I can shut it of because I'm afraid it will somehow engage and possibly to damage to property or injure someone, even myself. I'm taking the car back to Chrysler again tomorrow if I can get an appointment.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Jul 062016

300

The cars altenator failed causing the engine to stall (shut down) we were traveling on the back side of a strip mall on florin road. Popping the hood revealed that there was smoke and a lot of it. We had to pay to get the car towed home.

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Nov 032015

300

I was starting my day at 4:00am I auto started my car like I do every day and leave to work. On this day I went to my car and it was off I thought this was odd but I got in my car and it start and I was on my way. I drive 3 miles to work I was at the hill to turn in to when the battery light came on and the car it felt like it was going to stall. At that time I turn to go up the hill and some other light started to flash not even 30 second later the car stopped in the middle of the road the light all went out and I was sitting in the dark I tried to turn on the hazard light but all power was out the car I sat in the middle of the road for over a hour and a half for a tow truck. When the tow truck got there he had trouble trying to get the car on the flat bed the rear tires of the car would not turn so he had to readjust the car several times to get it on the truck.

- Seaside, CA, USA

Aug 012015

300

So, I was parked waiting on hubby to get out of the store, with the car on, since he was just going to pick something up fast, it started to smell, like something was burning, like really bad, even my son, was complaining about the smell. Hubby comes back, and I tell him, and he said it smelled like burnt plastic, so we exit the parking, and on my way home, I felt the car weird, I proceeded, to a drive thru, where the smell came back again, we heard a weird noise, but didn't think any of it, as I was exciting the drive thru, the light of the battery came on, then all the lights in the car popped up, causing the car to stall, I parked, and turned off the car, and popped the hood open, there was smoke and smelled like it was burning, we with our kids got off the car, and waited a couple minutes, I called the Chrysler dealership, and they told me, I had to tow it and take it in.hubby, turned it back on and it started making a loud noise, and the car started getting feeling forced, he turned it off again, and it felt heavy. We waited 20 minutes, and since we were just a block away from home, hubby drove it back home, and since then haven't moved it..

- San Jose , CA, USA

Sep 092011

300 8-cyl

Forward collision warning system light comes on as system off and causes immediate deceleration when no front end collision was imminate resulting in vehicle almost being hit from behind. This has happened 3 times.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA