4.2

2012 Chrysler 300 accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 300:

2012 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Nov 132015

300

I press the start button my car and it came up service transmission, please put vehicle in park, my windshield wipers activated on their own (when they were in the off position), my heater continuously blew hot and I was unable to turn it off. I had to crawl through the backseat of my vehicle to open the trunk and disconnect it from the battery to cut the vehicle off. It also blind spot deter failed. A few months ago this happen while I was driving and the vehicle wouldn't go in park, with the same issues and they replaced my battery as well as my alternator but they said it was not in recall status. My car idled and attempted to go by itself and I was unable to control the vehicle.

- Albany, GA, USA

Apr 302015

300 8-cyl

This is a follow up to NHTSA id number 10713859 filed 04/30/2012. 2012 Chrysler 300C had just been serviced at autonation Chrysler Dodge Jeep in spring, Texas, service consisted of engine oil/filter replacement, balance/rotation of tires and replacement of windshield wiper blades. After driving out of the dealership parking lot approximately 3/4 mile the vehicle failed to accelerate when trying to increase speed while attempting to enter busy I-45 freeway. Engine RPM's were noted to ba about 1000 rpms, vehicle was immediately returned to dealership. Upon computer evaluation, the incident was noted to be second occurrence of fault. Dealer kept vehicle 7 days and drove 51 miles on for or five attempts to replicate incident. Incident was not replicated. As per discussion with dealership service manager J., dealership has not nor do they intend to file a report on incident for submission to Chrysler corporation. Mentioned they don't file such incidents! only research their in-house system for similar incidents. Vehicle owner is not pleased with this unprofessional attitude and business culture! owner will file complaint directly with Chrysler corporation. Let's hope that no accidents, injuries or deaths occur due to this unsafe vehicle or similar 2012 Chrysler 300's.

- Humble, TX, USA

Sep 012014

300

Oily film is forming on the windshield that reduces driver's visibility. Delamination on a side of windshield - potentially compromising integrity of the windshield.

- Walnut Creek, CA, USA