2012 Chrysler 300 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Chrysler 300:

2012 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Sep 022016

At work went to park in the garage space drove over a piece of glass so I put my car in park it rolled out of gear and hit brick wall.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Jun 172016

My car would not shift into park, it stopped in reverse. We had to then push the shifter into park.

- Toledo, OH, USA

May 162016

Total engine failure: Car in motion 60 mph freeway, low battery warning flashed, external mirror vehicle proximity flashed and stopped working, audio shut off, tachometer and speedometer cycled 0 to max reading, pulled car off highway, transmission would not go into park. Applied E-brake.exited car. Engine rpms max to low for 10 minutes, top of engine coolant tank blew up into closed hood. Total repair estimate exceeds $ $8,000 engine replacement reccomended, does not address electrical system failure has not been addresed yet.

- Puyallup, WA, USA

Jan 052016

There is a knocking coming from the dashboard related to the ac. I had this same issue with the 2006 Chrysler 300 and now the same issue with the 2012 as well as my friend, she has a 2006 with the same issue. Every time the ac is turned off there is a knocking for about 15 seconds.

- Cypress, TX, USA

Jun 222015

As I was backing up the car, the blind spot detection light came on and indicated that it was unavailable on both the right and left side. Then it started flashing and dinging. I took it to be repaired and both the left and right sensor needed replacing due to nothing I had done. The cost would be $2090. The service manager indicated this problem had occurred in Dodge Caravan and Chrysler town and country vans. Is this due to poor quality parts, and are there enough occurrences that this should be a recall? although these sensors are not essential, they come at great expense to help make your driving experience much safer.

- Turtle Lake, WI, USA

Feb 232014

300 6-cyl

On 2/23/2014 my leased 2012 Chrysler 300 vehicle was parked in a store parking, out of no where- white smoke appeared from car's vents and center console. I turned my vehicle completely off, and approximately 3 to 5 minutes later entire cab begin to fill with thick white smoke...then flames appeared from console...scary..isn't the word!!. my children and I quickly removed ourselves from the car. A passerby in shopping parking lot noticed the electrical burning smell and ran back into store to retrieve a small fire extinguisher.. luckily, he was able to control the fire, prior to the fire brigade arriving on the scene.the front passenger seat and center console were burned considerably, as well as contents sprayed from fire extinguisher remain throughout the car.. not to mention the stench of the horrific electrical burn smell is still embedded in the interior..thank god we are all alive!!!.I have contacted Chrysler customer service # numerous times to provide all essential info(VIN #, chain of of this date (3/1/2014), still no response to as when the car will be inspected...again smh... sad but true!!!..Chrysler displayed no empathy regarding the possible loss what so ever...and continue to drag their feet by not scheduling an inspection of the vehicle by one of their fire specialist!!!!.(knowing that it is a possibility the electrical malfunction is Chrysler's liability- opposed to mine!!) I will proceed legally if I must!!,,again sad...but very true!!!!

- Mount Laurel, NJ, USA

Jan 072012

300 6-cyl

After riding through an automatic car wash for the first time, I was attempting to put the car in drive to exit the car wash. You have to press the brake on this car to shift from neutral to drive. As I attempted to do this, the car went into park on it's own and would not come out of park for over ten minutes, no matter what we did. This resulted in a shutdown of the entire car wash, and our car was almost rear-ended by the vehicle behind us. I have complained to the dealership and Chrysler at all levels. They tell me the car is working as designed, period! this is a clear safety issue. We have never had a car before where you had to brake to shift from from neutral to drive. Chrysler has refused to rectify this issue so far. This car has the new 8 speed automatic transmission with an electronic shifter. The shifter is awful!!!

- Buskirk, NY, USA