8.0

2013 Chrysler 300 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 300:

2013 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Oct 102014

300 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Chrysler 300. The contact stated that the low beams and the parking lights were extremely dim. Upon parking during evening hours, the visibility was poor on the low beam headlights and the parking lights. The contact also received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 14V634000 (electrical system) and stated that the part was not available for several months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The failure mileage was not available. Updated 7/10/15 updated 03/01/16.8jb

- Black Mountian, NC, USA

Jun 152013

300

The headlights on this model are the worst I have ever seen. Forward vision is severely limited and side vision is practically non-existent. The only incident I have had so far is impact with a raccoon that damaged the front fascia but the raccoon could just as easily have been a person or larger animal. Chrysler needs to address this issue promptly before there is a fatal accident.

- Paragould, AR, USA

Aug 222014

300

High and low beams suck.

- Norwood, NY, USA

Mar 042013

300 8-cyl

Headlights are nearly useless. Car cannot be driven safely at night. Dealer states headlights are aligned and working normally. State vehicle inspenction stated headlights aimed ok. This is a known problem and needs to be addressed before a pedestrian is hit or someone drives off the road. It is unsafe to dirve on interstate at night over 40 mph because you overdrive your headlights. If there is no one to follow you are out of luck. One must drive side roads with hi beams on all the time. Headlights aim is computer controlled and cannot be adjusted. Turning off the capability of the headlights to move side to side with steering does not help. My 2006 chrylser 300 did not have this problem and our 2102 Dodge charger does not have this problem. I will gladly submit vehicle to nstsa for inspection/test.

- Amesbury, MA, USA

Dec 022013

300

I purchased a new Chrysler 300S and the very first time I drove it at night I could not believe how dim the headlights were. You can barely see 10 - 15 feet in front of you. I have since been looking into changing the bulbs to something else to see if that will help. It's very dangerous to have that kind of limited vision. I live in a very rural area and there aren't many street lights in my neighborhood. This is something Chrysler needs to find a solution to and fix for all of us driving unsafe at night.

- San Tan Valley, AZ, USA

Feb 212014

300 6-cyl

Just purchased used Chrysler 300 in clermont fl.from Chrysler dealer. Drove the car home to tn. Our home is rural area in subdivision on lake and most roads in this area are rural hwys. And streets. The day after getting home my wife and I went to dinner at restaurant approx. 25 miles away. By time we started home it was dark and immediately, as soon as I turned onto unlit state road, visibility on low beams was almost non existent going downhill and in dips. The low beams illuminate only 10-20 ft. In front of the car with almost no side illumination in dips and downhills. Other drivers with same complaint call it a shutter or tunnel effect and I agree. Side roads and street turns are very difficult as you can not see either readily. Since then my wife drove the car and had to come home in dark and said see nearly wrecked because of the problem and refuses to drive it at night. This is very serious and extremely dangerous defect in design and must be addressed before (if it not already) serious accidents occur, reading Chrysler forums shows this is not knew problem with many complaints contributed to this situation.

- Dandridge, TN, USA

Dec 122013

300 6-cyl

The lighting on this car is unbelievably bad. When I purchased the car, I drove it home at night, and almost put it in a ditch twice, due to substandard lighting. Even with the high beams on, it was difficult to see the road. I took it to the dealership the next day and they adjusted the headlights to the upper limits. I can now see better with the low beams, but the high beams shine into the trees. When I took it back to the dealership again, they said that there was nothing they could do beyond what they had already done. I have been reading other complaints of the same safety issue, and it is obvious that this problem in not unique to my vehicle, but extends to the Chrysler 300 built in 2012 and 2013. Lack of proper lighting presents a definite safety hazard at night, and Chrysler should be made to fix this problem before someone is killed because of it.

- Forest, VA, USA

Feb 012013

300 6-cyl

The headlight brightness on the 300 model are just terrible. I took it back to the dealership to try to adjust the lights. The dealer told me that these lights are not adjustable and this is how they came from the factory. I explained to them at night I drive with the high beams on and no other cars flash their lights. The low beams do not light up the road even with the fog lamps on. The dealership told me that this was a huge problem on the 200 series but have not heard about this on the 300. This is a safety defect which will result in death. This is a serious issue.

- White Oak, PA, USA

Jun 112013

300

Chrysler manufacture is aware and has acknowledged the safety issue pertaining to the lighting or rather there the lack of lighting. What is it going to take for something to be done ?? fatalities. I was assured that they would resolve the issue however I am still driving a car that I paid good money for and can't drive at night. I took my car back to the dealership on three occasions for them to adjust the headlights as there is no lighting to the left or right sides in rural areas. After the 2nd attempt to correct the problem unsuccessfully one of the technicians that worked at the dealership met me the next evening at night and saw for himself and he reported to his bosses that there was a very serious problem. The dealership advised and gave contact info to directly contact Chrysler this was on 6/27/13 the following day received email and a ph. Call stating that the design team at Chrysler examined the identical model and acknowledged there was a definite safety issue assigned a case# and quote " there is in fact a factory defective flaw/characteristic in the design of the car pertaining to its headlights" unquote. I have almost ran over a mother and child out walking, I have been in 2 ditches and a inch from going into the river not to mention the animals. There is no excuse for dragging their feet it was explained to me that with it being a luxury car they didn't have enough complaints as luxury cars were seldom on rural roads especially at night. I am a disabled veteran been thru a lot and it would be a shame to meet my maker due to the self absorbed exec's at Chrysler. I fill certain that they wouldn't for a second pay for a vehicle that couldn't be safely driven at night. I have all of the dates and P.O.C.'s the case # assigned by Chrysler please resolve the issue before it takes an innocent life if it hasn't already..

- Celina, TN, USA

Jun 072013

300 6-cyl

There was no crash but there is a huge safety issue. The headlights on the car are the worse I've ever encountered (owner 12 cars). When you turn the corner on a un lit street there is a big blind spot left and right. I have almost already hit 3 parked cars close to the cornet because you cannot see them nor the curb. Even driving on a road it looks like there are blinders on the lights left and right. Checked with the dealer and there are no adjustments to be made. I don't understand how this huge safety issue escaped everyone's attention. Can you please respond to this issue.

- Warrington, PA, USA

Mar 042013

300 6-cyl

The lighting is so poor on rural roads that you must drive with the brights on. The low beams only work for the first 15 feet or so and then when going down a slight decline the far distance or "night horizon" just disappears like a curtain dropped down from the top of the windshield. You literally lose sight of the road. Same situation when turning. Its really scary. I spoke with the service manager and he said he drove one home and almost ran off the road. He agrees with my problem. I'm told there is no fix. If this is not addressed I guarantee there will be accidents with this car. I'm told if there are enough complaints something will be done by your organization. Help--I don't want to die for something like this.

- Turtletown, TN, USA