2013 Chrysler 300 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Chrysler 300:

2013 Chrysler 300 Owner Comments

Jul 262016

Took vehicle to dealer to repair ac issue. Was given vehicle and drive it less than a mile when the vehicle dash stated "transmission shut vehicle off and put in park" when I attempted to place it in park the gear shift would not come out of drive. The only way to stop the vehicle is to put on the emergency brake.

- Baytown, TX, USA

May 212016

Alternator goes out and caused car to stall at high speed without notice.

- Kaufman, TX, USA

Mar 012016

I can hear a very loud knocking noise in the dash behind my instrument panel. It starts each time that I turn on the heater, the ac and defroster. This loud knocking sounds continues even when my car is turned off. Also there's flaking noises in my engine/transmission- my car is under 35K miles.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Apr 032016

Driving on freeway battery saver mode came on then after all the lights on my dash stated flashing then after my car stalled I have no control in my vehicle then almost crash into someones vechicle.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

May 112015

With my child in the car, on a major interstate, I accelerated to avoid a suddenly swerving 18-wheeler. My car continued acceleration after I released the pedal. I depressed the brake pedal, but couldn't get it to stop. As soon as possible (and available, given road work and fast, heavy traffic), I pulled over to the inside shoulder and gained control by using full pressure on the brake as well as engaging the parking brake. The car continued revving high. Called conroe demontrond for help, as that is where I bought this car, and they connected me to a towing company, which was useless as car couldn't be switched off -- I had managed to put car into neutral, but engine wouldn't stop revving, and I wasn't able to put it into park or to stop the car. I had to make a decision between two dangerous situations: Send my child onto the packed highway, or have her remain in the car with me, which I was growing alarmed might explode given the high revolution and accompanying noise. I sent her out with the car fob. After what seemed forever, the car shut down, as the fob was gone for long enough. It happened a second time, as I was returning from the trip I had to take during the first problem, but the car "snapped out of it" more easily. Dealership gave me a very hard time about this, and in the end said nothing was wrong with the car. They re-set the computer, and for a bit over a month, it seemed okay with a few hiccups, but eventually, the car has begun to "stick" on acceleration again, and occasionally now lags, or misses, before acceleration. I received note that there is a problem with this car from the manufacturer months ago. This might account for the car's problem, but it is doubtful as far as the sticking goes, since the problem listed by the notice is stalling. I do wonder if it might account for the newer problem, though. Yesterday, the sunroof exploded

- Conroe, TX, USA

May 102015

On 05/10/2015 during the afternoon I turned on my ac and it blew warm air. I don't use my ac very much due to increase fuel usage because I drive 76 miles twice a day 4 days a week, but on that day when I really needed it it wasn't working. I bought my 2013 Chrysler 300S new on 06/02/2013 and the one time I drove car to vegas it was working fine as a matter of fact it was blowing extremely cold air which was great. I tried calling the dealer where I bought it, but because its out of warranty they can't or wont help me with it.

- Menifee, CA, USA