2.1

2006 Chrysler 300C engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler 300C:

2006 Chrysler 300C Owner Comments (Page 1 of 10)

Sep 012016

300C

The check engine light of this cars constantly stayed on after countless attemps to "fix" the problem for years. Finally the engine just died. It was serviced repeatedly, with tune ups, spark plug changes, but the engine always misfired shorlty after. The car is just 10 years old. There should never be a problem like this on a high quality vehicle.

- Buford, GA, USA

Sep 082014

300C

My son was driving the call when it first happened where he was on hwy 155 and the engine shut off he had to pull off to the side and then he was able to start it and get the car home. I drove it and it did the same thing where the engine shut off while driving. Had full take of gas and everything. Dash lights would flicker and go out and engine shuts off and it kept doing the same thing. But no Chrysler dealership could figure out why it was doing that. The vehicle was in motion when it would shut off. Chrysler is stating to everyone that it was lack of maintenance for the 2006 Chrysler C. they had replaced the gas tank but never said why it needed it replaced. But after it was replaced kept shutting off and now my car needs a new engine.

- Palestine, TX, USA

Oct 072016

300C

Tamara recall engine has stopped several times while I have been driving it and some while stopped at a red light. The power steering stops and become difficult to steer and I get afraid until I can fight it and stop and restart the engine. Have not taken it in for repair yet.

- Mckenzie, TN, USA

Aug 122016

300C

Engine failure. No warning lights. Engine felt like it was running on less the 8 cylinders. I pulled into the first gas station to shut the car off and check all fluid levels (all fine). Started the motor, would not idle and died. Turned the key again and heard the motor completely clunk around out of sync. That was the end of my 2006 300C

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Sep 072016

300C

Mechanic said the exhaust valve dropped in the cylinder and caused catastrophic failure, needs the complete new engine. I have replaced the oil vigorously every 4500 mile with synthetic oil. The car has 189000 miles on it and there are tons of reports that show this is very common after 100K miles.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Sep 302014

300C

Car began overheating frequently despite plenty of fluid in radiator system. Car overheated while idling and engine just stopped working.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Aug 012016

300C

Shut off at anytime, like driving slow and everytime I hit the corner of my block same spot always shut off.once in the freeway was scarry also motor would shake, one day drive good next would be bad, took it to many places no one can pin point problem, spent lots of money in parts and never got problem fixed until moter gave out with cylinder damage at 90000 miles.always keep it maintenance good disapointed would not buy Chrysler anymore before this had a new yorker that cought on fire electrical issue

- San Diego, CA, USA

Aug 172016

300C

Started experiencing problems last year. Car would cut off without warning, cut off while in a turn and I was almost hit by oncoming traffic. Took it to the dealer, dealer stated it was PCM. Had the control module fixed ($1000 repair) and now recently we have been experiencing an issue where the car wants to cut off at all speeds. Today, my husband drove it to the gas station and it cut off on him and then wouldn't start back up. It started up a few min after sitting but traffic was too busy so we were unable to drive it home. It is still parked at the gas station and we are hoping well be able to get it home before having to call a tow truck. Replaced spark plugs 1 1/2 weeks ago because we assumed it was misfiring (when it was wanting to cut off). We've changed the camshaft (prior to having the PCM replaced) and egr valve as well. There is no check engine light but have still attempted to get codes read... no codes. This seems to be an ongoing issue that Chrysler needs to take care of. I will never buy another car that Chrysler has had a hand in making..... how many complaints need to take place before you realize that this will kill someone... but I guess you'd rather a lawsuit on your hands for a death rather then fixing all these cars the right way. #unsatisfiedbuyer took a shot at this beautiful car and am sadly disappointed 2006 300C 5.7L hemi. Whats the point of having such a beautiful car if you can't even drive it.

- Green Bay, WI, USA

Jun 012016

300C

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. While driving at various speeds, the vehicle staled without warning. The vehicle was restarted and operated normally. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, but the cause of the failure was unable to be determined. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 40,000. The VIN was not available.

- Belmount, NH, USA

Feb 202016

300C

Car randomly stalls, at any speed, dash lights flash on and off, wipers turn on by them self, horn sounds by itself. Had it at the dealership for 2 months, had at sometimes 40+ codes come up on the computer. Changed multiply modules they cant figure it out

- Castleton, VT, USA

May 272016

300C

The car will stall unexpectedly. Often when idling at a stoplight, and sometimes when I am driving the oil light warning comes on, the engine cuts out, and power steering ceases to work. I must restart the car and rev the engine before proceeding, it has yet to happen while driving at high speeds on the freeway. On more than one occasion I have had the local Chrysler dealership mechanics look at the car, and the problem still persists, usually with increased frequency after filling the gas tank to full. To reiterate, often when I am idling at a stoplight the Chrysler 300 stalls. But this sometimes happens when I am in motion driving down a road as well. The mechanics I have had look at my car have found nothing wrong. But it usually happens with greater frequency right after I fill the gas tank to full.

- Calimesa, CA, USA

May 052016

300C

After fueling, car stalled while in motion at slow speed exiting parking lot. Stalled again a mile further when entering garage, both times while turning. Car has 19000 miles.

- Blue Grass, IA, USA

May 162016

300C

I own a 2006 Chrysler 300C. Since 2013, I have experienced issues with the vehicle stalling while driving at low speeds. The car stops completely, sometimes restarting on its own, sometimes it does not. Chrysler replaced the fuel tank in 2015, stating that was the cause of the issue, but the car continues to stall. Most recently, it stopped while merging onto a busy highway, while driving with my wife and children in the car. The car randomly turns off, no warning. Now the vehicle stopped and refuses to start at all.

- New Milford, CT, USA

Apr 232016

300C

2006 Chrysler 300C. Car has 84,000 miles. Drove around today for a half hour. Parked car. Restarted car in 5 minutes, it made a horrible sound and car started shaking, ran rough and then died. Would only restart with foot on gas and ran very rough. Took it to Firestone and they said that the valve/cyliner #5 dropped. Engine is shot, unless I pay to have it re-bult or replaced. Car is not even worth it. Already had to have a re-bult transmission on car at 68,000 miles. Car is a joke and so is Chrysler, never buying another one of their products again. Oil was changed regularly. Horrible manufacturing in this car, from engine to trans to gas tank issue to electical. Car is a lemon.

- Algonquin, IL, USA

Mar 282016

300C

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. The contact could not start the vehicle. When the vehicle started, it made a loud rattling noise. The contact also noticed white smoke. The vehicle was not taken to a dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 93,000. The VIN was not available.

- Spring Hill, FL, USA

Feb 292016

300C

The contact owns a 2006 Chrysler 300C. After driving 55 mph and parking the vehicle, it failed to restart. Once the vehicle restarted, the engine idled low and the accelerator pedal had to be depressed in order to keep the engine running. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had the vehicle towed home. The contact received information from the independent mechanic who stated that there was a piece of piston that fractured and was rattling around in the combustion chamber. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 170,342.

- Las Vegas, NM, USA

Dec 242015

300C

Car stalls unexpected after fueling

- Buffalo Grove, IL, USA

Dec 072015

300C

I came out of home depot to a car that wouldn't start this give a jump but we could here something grinding in the motor at first I thought maybe a belt broke or the fan was loose the noise was scary the car wouldn't stay on SC I called for a tow to the dealership. The results were I need a new engine.. the #5 cylinder dropped an intake valve and damaged the engine $9448. I purchase this vehicle brand with 74 miles it now has 78000 all the maintenance was done at the dealership. There was no apparent reason for the engine dying no warning system said ok this car has all the bells and whistles. Now I have a beautiful shell of a car without an engine please someone help me thanks

- Tucson, AZ, USA

Dec 082015

300C

While on a curvy road after dark, at 45 mph, the electrical system shut down, dash lights flashed and went off, engine died. 40 mph on a curvy road with no lights. After 20 seconds it all came back on. Had no problems for 3 months. Electrical system has momentarily shut down on 4 other occasions since then. On 12/08/15 my wife was in line at the dandridge elementary school picking up my grandson. While in car pickup line with the transmission in drive, the dash lights came on, the vehicle accelerated (surged forward) then died. Engine died 5 times before she could get it home. This would be called a near miss accident in a workplace setting.car is operating normally at this time. I held an ase master technician certification and in my opinion it is a dangerous electrical condition. I realize that someone must die in order to get this problem fixed and that is a shame.

- Dandridge, TN, USA

Nov 242015

300C

Upon filling up the car with gas, the car stalled less than 500ft from the gas station. The car restarted and I drove 1/16th of a mile and as I was pulling out into traffic the car stalled again. The car has approximately 39300 miles on it.

- Lewis Center, OH, USA