CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.

8.7

1. replacement (3 reports)
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Jan 212012

PT Cruiser 4.0L 2.L

I feel misused ..i love this car but chrysler needs to do right by its folks or it may find itself right bk where this whole industry issue started... like many others have said this could cause a major accident or injury...i bought it but that doesn't mean i purchased a one way ticket to hell does it.???!!!I just want them to fix it and continue fixing it till i can fel safe driving down the rd in there vehicles...that's all!is it so much to ask?!?!?lol

- , Cincinnati, OH, USA

Mar 172009

PT Cruiser Limited 2.4L

My PT Cruiser was skipping really bad with only 2 cylinders firing. So I tracked it down to the PCM. If I would have gotten a mechanic to do the job it would have cost me $2,000.

- , Eatonton, GA, USA