- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Wranglers After Airbags Fail During Test recalls | 5 days ago
- October 19: Chrysler Recalls Vehicles With Alternators That May Cause Fires recalls | 5 days ago
- October 14: NHTSA Says ARC Automotive Ignores Airbag Safety Deadlines news | 10 days ago
- October 6: Recalled: Jeep Grand Cherokee and Fiat 500 recalls | 18 days ago
- September 30: Jeep Grand Cherokee Automatic Braking Investigation Closed investigations | 24 days ago
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.
Worst 2006 PT Cruiser Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- engine problems44NHTSA complaints: 79
- electrical problems22NHTSA complaints: 108
- AC / heater problems21NHTSA complaints: 2
- windows / windshield problems15NHTSA complaints: 36
- interior accessories problems13NHTSA complaints: 25
- transmission problems11NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems9NHTSA complaints: 10
- wheels / hubs problems9NHTSA complaints: 11
- lights problems8NHTSA complaints: 17
- cooling system problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 35
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 27
- clutch problems1
- steering problems1NHTSA complaints: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 15
- exterior accessories problemsNHTSA: 14
- body / paint problemsNHTSA: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 7
- fuel system problemsNHTSA: 7
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2006 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.