- July 25: Chrysler Recalls 410,000 Vehicles Over Wiring Problems recalls | 0 days ago
- July 18: Feds Investigate Fiat Chrysler Sales Figures investigations | 7 days ago
- July 10: Chrysler Pacifica Recalled To Fix Rear Seat Belts recalls | 15 days ago
- July 7: Chrysler Sebring and Dodge Stratus Recalled to Fix Sun Visors recalls | 18 days ago
- July 2: Chrysler Recalls 37,000 Vehicles Over Transmission Pumps recalls | 23 days ago
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.
Worst 2006 PT Cruiser electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power surge and loss6
- various electrical issues in warm temperature4
- engine won't turn over,won't start3
- lights flicker, engine stalls and restarts3
- intermittent electrical malfunction with fan running2
- alternator failure1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Electrical System101
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Software1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly: Solenoid1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2006 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.