- August 21: Recall: Jeep Renegade Trailer Hitches That May Detach recalls | 5 days ago
- August 17: Woman Sues Over Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shift Design news | 9 days ago
- August 14: Fiat Chrysler Recalls RAM Trucks With Transfer Case Problems recalls | 12 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 19 days ago
- August 6: Hackers Take Control of a 2014 Jeep Cherokee, Again news | 20 days ago
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.
Worst 2006 PT Cruiser electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power surge and loss6
- various electrical issues in warm temperature4
- engine won't turn over,won't start3
- lights flicker, engine stalls and restarts3
- intermittent electrical malfunction with fan running2
- alternator failure1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Electrical System102
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Software1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly: Solenoid1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2006 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.