- May 22: NHTSA Closes 'Audit Query' Into Chrysler Parts Restrictions investigations | 5 days ago
- May 18: Fiat Chrysler Recalls 580,000 Cars and SUVs in 2 Recalls recalls | 9 days ago
- May 18: Chrysler Recalls 2,185 Trailer Tow Light Modules recalls | 9 days ago
- May 15: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Grand Cherokees For Locked Gear Shifters recalls | 12 days ago
- May 8: Lawsuit Alleges Jeep Recall Created 4-Wheel-Drive Problems news | 19 days ago
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.
Worst 2006 PT Cruiser electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- power surge and loss6
- various electrical issues in warm temperature4
- engine won't turn over,won't start3
- intermittent electrical malfunction with fan running2
- alternator failure1
- lights flicker, engine stalls and restarts1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Electrical System98
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Software1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly: Solenoid1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2006 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.