- May 25: Government Sues Chrysler Over Ram and Jeep Emissions news | 1 days ago
- May 23: Chrysler Recalls Jeep Compass SUVs That May Roll Away recalls | 3 days ago
- May 19: Ram 1500 and Jeep Grand Cherokee Emissions Fix Proposed news | 7 days ago
- May 15: Chrysler Recalls 1.2 Million Ram Trucks Over Deadly Defect recalls | 11 days ago
- May 7: Dodge Ram Emissions Lawsuit Should Be Dismissed, Chrysler Says news | 19 days ago
2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2006 is the worst year for PT Cruiser engine complaints. Having an engine light on is annoying, but it's the complaints about the engine shutting-off while driving that really have us concerned.
Worst 2006 PT Cruiser electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- lights flicker, engine stalls and restarts6
- power surge and loss6
- various electrical issues in warm temperature4
- engine won't turn over,won't start3
- intermittent electrical malfunction with fan running2
- alternator failure1
- won't start1
- NHTSA: Electrical System105
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Alternator/Generator/Regulator1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Software1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Starter Assembly: Solenoid1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2006 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.