- September 2: Dodge Dart Transmission Class-Action Lawsuit Filed in California
- August 28: Judge Says Chrysler TIPM Class-Action Lawsuit Can Move Forward
- August 22: When Will Chrysler Do Something About Defective TIPMs?
- August 21: Bad Shocks Cause Recall of Jeep Cherokee, Ram 1500 and Chrysler 200
- August 13: Chrysler 200 Recalled, Automaker Appoints New Safety Chief
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.
Worst 2001 PT Cruiser Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems32NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems27NHTSA complaints: 83
- electrical problems20NHTSA complaints: 67
- transmission problems12NHTSA complaints: 37
- cooling system problems10NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems8NHTSA complaints: 56
- clutch problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 65
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 63
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 53
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 51
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 54
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 47
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 44
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 26
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 13
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 9
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 7
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2001 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.