- May 19: Has Fiat Chrysler Failed Its Customers During 20 Recalls?
- May 16: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Ram Trucks That Go Too Fast
- May 8: Fiat Chrysler Wants New Trial in Remi Walden Jeep Fire Death
- May 5: Flames Still Shooting From Jeep and Dodge Headliners
- April 30: Government Asked To Investigate Back Glass in 2005 Chrysler Crossfire
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.
Worst 2001 PT Cruiser Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- interior accessories problems33NHTSA complaints: 23
- wheels / hubs problems27NHTSA complaints: 71
- electrical problems21NHTSA complaints: 55
- transmission problems12NHTSA complaints: 36
- cooling system problems10NHTSA complaints: 12
- engine problems9NHTSA complaints: 44
- body / paint problems4NHTSA complaints: 50
- clutch problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 53
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 46
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 43
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 36
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 43
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 40
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 26
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 13
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 6
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2001 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.