- March 3: Chrysler Sued Over Alleged 'False Park' Death
- February 14: Investigation Closed Into Chrysler Stalling Engines
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
- February 7: Chrysler Recalls Ram ProMaster Vans For Sticky Accelerator Pedals
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
- February 1: Car Dealer Sues Government Over 'Obamacare'
- January 14: Investigation Expanded Into Chrysler Sun Visor Fires
- December 9: Chrysler Recalls Cars and Trucks With Transmission Problems
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.
Worst 2001 PT Cruiser Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- interior accessories problems31NHTSA complaints: 26
- wheels / hubs problems27NHTSA complaints: 82
- electrical problems19NHTSA complaints: 65
- transmission problems12NHTSA complaints: 37
- cooling system problems10NHTSA complaints: 15
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 52
- clutch problems4NHTSA complaints: 2
- suspension problems4NHTSA complaints: 63
- steering problems2NHTSA complaints: 49
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 12
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 59
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 50
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 54
- seat belts / air bags problemsNHTSA: 46
- brakes problemsNHTSA: 43
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 28
- exhaust system problemsNHTSA: 13
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 7
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 7
- AC / heater problemsNHTSA: 2
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2001 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.