- July 22: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Challengers That May Roll Away recalls | 1 days ago
- July 15: Chrysler Recalls 442,000 Cars and SUVs Over Alternator Failures recalls | 8 days ago
- July 14: Chrysler Recalls 363,000 Dodge Journey SUVs recalls | 9 days ago
- July 3: Ram Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) Lawsuit Filed news | 20 days ago
- June 21: Chrysler Recalls Pacifica Plug-in Hybrid Electric Minivans recalls | 32 days ago
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser
CarComplaints.com Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.
Worst 2001 PT Cruiser engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine overheated3
- check engine light on2
- timing chain broke2
- broken head gasket1
- engine caught on fire1
- engine froze up1
- oil leaks1
- problems starting, stalls at idle1
- rusted engine cradle1
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling18
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine17
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control9
- NHTSA: Engine7
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline6
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling: Engine: Gasoline: ...3
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Accelerator Pedal2
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Chrysler PT Cruiser Model Years
Curious how the 2001 PT Cruiser compares to other years?
Check out our Chrysler PT Cruiser overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the PT Cruiser.