6.9

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser AC / heater problems

AC / heater problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2006 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

May 052011

PT Cruiser Limited 3.2L

Car would idle bad only when a/c was on. Heat would blow out the vents instead of air. When pushing accelerator a/c would start to work again. Took to mechanic 8 times and they finally had to weld a part on to get the a/c to work. Still to this day car idles down when a/c is on. It acts like the compressor is going bad or something. I am certain this should be a recall. Again Chrysler should be ashamed for selling such a money trap. Very displeased consumer. Will never purchase Chrysler made again.

- , Timberlake, NC, USA

Jul 012010

PT Cruiser 4 cyl

Someone give me this car as a gift.I was so happy.They ask me what kind of car I like I said a PT Cruiser.But i didn't know it had a lot of problems.I start researching the internet.One complaint after another about the air conditioning; when i have air conditioning it make noise when stop. I an Not happy.At All .I love my car but GM need to do something about this.People shouldn't have to come out of there pocket to fix something that's not there fought.GM needs to give me a new Car,that's whats should happen.

- , College Park, GA, USA

Jul 262010

PT Cruiser

Mechanics can't figure it out; can't duplicate problem they say. The A/C blows hot/warm air for a short while prior to kicking in but on an inconsistent basis. The rough idle, however, is all the time when A/C is on (which is all the time - I live in FL!).

- , Naples, FL, USA

Jun 012010

PT Cruiser

This is crazy, my husband loves his Indianapolis Colts painted 2006 Cruiser and all of a sudden the A/C when on is making the car idle hard, blowing out hot air, and makes a funny sound from time to time. It works fine when driving down the road but when you stop it is nothing.

- , Ft Bragg, NC, USA

Jul 152008

PT Cruiser Limited 3.2L

For about a year I've had a problem with the car idling rough when at stop lights, or in neutral. It seems to only be an issue when my air conditioning is on. The air conditioner also starts to blow out warmer air before it happens. A few times when I've put it into reverse while the air is on it has totally died. I have had 2 mechanics look at it with no clear diagnosis. One suggested having my plugs cleaned, but wasn't confident it would totally fix the problem, since I don't have that many miles on my car.

- , East Moline, IL, USA

Aug 032009

PT Cruiser SRS

Are there other people with the same problem and what did they do. My warranty has expired

- , Sunrise, FL, USA

Jul 282009

PT Cruiser

this ac/rough idle problem was looked at by the dealer ,he said their was a intermittent vibration with the ac compressor.he downloaded new software for idle.it idles fine with no ac on.he gave me the car back with a hope to fix soon with word back from chrysler.

- , Lansdale, PA, USA