Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Chrysler has taken the boring small car frame of the Neon, grafted a 1930s-era roadster body on top and named it the PT Cruiser. While the new look may appeal to some, the vehicle has unfortunately also inherited many of the same problems as the Neon.

1. had rim/wheels replaced (1 reports)
2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

May 002008

PT Cruiser Limited 2.4L

I do take very good care of my automobile, and that includes both tires and wheels. About mid year 2008 I noticed the polished chrome finish on the wheels was cracking and peeling. The car was no longer under warranty so the dealer would do nothing about it.

I kept the wheels clean and polished, they looked good from a distance, then I noticed that my tires kept losing air! The wheels were corroding from the inside out! Not having the resources to fix/replace them, I frequented the local gas station once a week to fill the tires. What a pain! I finally saved enough to replace them with aftermarket wheels from my local tire store. The dealer wanted $1300.00 for OEM wheels!

- , Brownstown Twp., MI, USA