2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2003 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Feb 112011

PT Cruiser Limited

At 7:30AM, I'm driving to my math class. I make it half a mile from my house (going about 45), hit the brakes, nothing happens. Next thing I know, I'm smashing into the stopped car in front of me and smashing my face in the window. Fun side note, the airbags didn't deploy.

The women in front of me hit another person in the accident. My car and car #2 have been totaled. At the repair shop, they classified it as "brake failure." (they believed me) The car was sent to Chrysler, and they classified my accident as "negligence."

Um thanks. They also stated "...sometimes the airbags go off, and sometimes they don't."

- , Moorpark, CA, USA