2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Dec 072009

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

PCM chip in 2005 PT CRUISER convertible identified by Chrysler dealership as being the problem. PCM causes myriad of electrical & transmission problems which Chrysler won't admit to. When any engine light or other alarm indicator goes on in vehicle and I bring it to Chrysler-they simply say there's nothing wrong with vehicle. Then the troubles start. The PCM causes stalling at a red light or at low speeds--got rear ended twice, vehicle not turning over/won't start, drains batteries (replaced it 3 times),(car was towed to Chrysler because it wouldn't start) power steering mechanism leaks (replaced twice) causes electrical problems on dashboard, radio & cd player wont work (cd is stuck in player), causes car lock/alarm system to malfunction (replaced twice) car lock/system has locked me out of my car and fog lights/head lights won't turn off which then drains battery. Chrysler dealership "supposedly" replaced this PCM chip 1.5 yrs ago and the repair took a month and a half while I waited without a loaner car even though my Chrysler extended warranty allowed me to have one! when I got the car back I noticed that the fog light/headlight indicator light was on and went back to dealer to tell him it's happening again and he indicated that I not ever return to his dealership. Now 1.5 years later, I have the same problems with my vehicle and it's the PCM chip causing them. I have lost my job from not being able to drive to work while they 'fixed' my car for a month, lost thousand of $$$ repairing this vehicle, my warranty is now expired, am still financing vehicle, but car won't start and is dangerous to drive because it stalls while driving, etc. The car isn't worth 3K and the repairs are in the thousands to fix all the issues. Consumer wants an update on complaint. 1/27/10 updated 02/01/10

- Brick, NJ, USA