2.4

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2005 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Oct 022016

My car caught on fire

- Stockton, CA, USA

Jan 142016

PT Cruiser

Windows on car will not work after having it repaired 8 months ago 2nd. Time it has happened since we had it.

- Strongsville, OH, USA

Jun 282014

PT Cruiser

In July 2014 noticed back window on passenger was loose, window fell out while driving 11 2014... had times when car was acting like it wasn't getting gas while driving and check eng. Light came on but would go out after it quit. Finally made it to an auto repair to have it scanned and part replaced after 9 mos. Setting. Ran good for one week then started acting up again doing the same thing. In August of 2015 I was approaching my home going down a big hill on my rd. Where the speed limit was 45 mph with a semi right behind me. The cars speed was 45 thenwent down to 20 in a matter of seconds fast enough for the tires to squeal. I had my 2 yr. Old grandson in the back seat when this happened. I knew I couldn't make it in my driveway so I immediately turned on my 4ways and pulled in my neighbors house across the street so I didn't get ran over by the semi truck. Also when I had the car repaired in June of 1915 the steering in the car was real stiff and still is only when turning but has power steering fluid. Bought my own scanner and it says I now need to replace a trans. Control unit part # P0700 along with the part that was just replaced. I'm at wits end, would like to know if there are any recalls on any of these problems. Please help me because I really need my car and feel right now it is a death trap and don't know where else to turn.

- Creston, OH, USA

Dec 102013

PT Cruiser

Dashboard lights go out at will and engine lights show codes even after replacing sensors now 02 sensors not working.look like this had been a ongoing problem for years now and Chrysler fails to address the problem. Please help myself and other pt drivers having the same problem.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Jun 272013

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

While stopped at a stop light the car just turned itself off. Restarted again by turning the ignition. Has done this several times since and even wile running on the freeway at freeway speeds. Have to manage to get off the freeway and wait a bit to restart via the ignition switch. One time a gentleman even pushed the car to help be get it off of the roadway. Have tried numerous times to repair auto by changing out the various sensors indicated by the code shown in the mileage/speedometer gauge. Numerous technicians have tried to remedy the situation. Works for awhile, then reverts to stalling again and again.

- Placerville, CA, USA

Jul 172008

PT Cruiser

My 2005 PT CRUISER Chrysler at 49,661 miles was in an accident right front end there was no problems before when car was returned it was making a noise that is coming from the right tire when I returned it to the insurance company progressive they had it looked at and stated the front bearing and hub was gone and that this is a common problem as I checked some sites on line it appears to happen all the time and neither the insurance nor E Chrysler feels this defect is any of there faults.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA