2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2007 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Apr 252014

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler PT CRUISER. While driving approximately 35 mph, the check engine warning indicator illuminated and the engine stalled. The vehicle failed to restart after multiple attempts. In addition, all of the windows would not roll up or down and the rear driver side door lock would not lock. The vehicle was towed to the dealer who stated that the cam shaft position sensor, lower arm bushings, sway bar link, and window motors needed to be replaced. The engine and windows were repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 32,212. Updated 09/15/14 the consumer sstated the camsensor and motor stalled. The bushings were worn out at only 3200 miles. The windows went out in 2011 and the back door and locks weren't working. Updated 1/8/2015

- Spokane, WA, USA

Apr 262012

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

I was driving the car and the car started pulling and making a scraping noise, I took the car into Chrysler and they did an oil change and said I'd need brakes and had worn shocks> I told them I thought that was unusual for a car with only 19K on it. I told them I wanted a second opinion, I took the car that day to midas, they confirmed the right break was shot and was the rotor but the rest were fine, and the shock was not worn but leaking. I called Chrysler and told them they were mistaken and if they were doing there job they would have notice that a month earlier when the car was in there for tire rotation. The brakes were R fixed for $354 and Chrysler wanted me to send the receipt when they quickly denied. The car has a lifetime warranty on it, and I understand the 1yr etc on brakes..but if I drove the car normally it would have shown up, ,and this was not wear (I kept the used parts) and the shocks not worn. I bought the car brand new and wondering if it was damaged on the lot or something...

- San Diego, CA, USA

Oct 012011

PT Cruiser

I purchased my 2007 PT CRUISER used in 2007/8 I have driven it and it is in need of bushings, tie rods and other things under the car. The motor is fine. I found out that this is a common thimg for the PT CRUISER. I think it is a defect and should be investigated.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Sep 292010

PT Cruiser

The contact owns a 2007 Chrysler PT CRUISER. The contact took the vehicle in for an oil change and was informed that the bushings needed to be replaced. Whenever the vehicle was driven over bumps in the road, the two front tires shook. The dealer stated that the bushings repair would be performed at the contact's expense. The contact believed that the shaking seemed to have contributed to the air bag light being illuminated. The failure mileage was approximately 16,000 and the current mileage was approximately 20,000.

- Columbus, OH, USA