2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser:

2009 Chrysler PT Cruiser Owner Comments

Jan 202010

PT Cruiser 4-cyl

This is the 2nd PT CRUISER that I have owned. The first one was great! but...this one!! ongoing problems since we have owned the car!!!! seat belt wouldn't unlock couldn't get out of car. I was locked in. Someone had to open door from outside. Lights always flickering. Loss power. Acts up while driving. Finally got so bad that the car would just stall out. Took to dealership and was told they couldn't find anything wrong. They said...and I quote "remember we didn't do anything." Why would they say that" the latest... lights flickering, radio going on and off stopped at a store. When I came couldn't unlock the car with my remote. Had to use key to get in, alarm went off, had to jump in and start car to turn alarm off. Pulled out into traffic and the car quit. Completely stalled out. Turned everything off, put in park and it started up but I parked it at a friends that lived one block away. Was afraid to drive it. 3 hours later went to pick car up and nothing worked. No lights no juice no click no nothing got it jumped started. Went straight to advanced auto because it was late. Alternator ok battery ok I just want to get rid of it but don't want someone else stuck with this lemon what do I do????"

- Sevierville, TN, USA