1996 Dodge Avenger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Dodge Avenger:

1996 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Nov 262007

Avenger ES 2.5L V6

I just bought a Dodge Avenger ES 2.5 V6 and I love it. Sporty, sexy and roomy. But a week ago the engine died on me at the traffic light. Later died again while driving (50km/h). I checked the OBDC code and I got camshaft/crankshaft sensor no signal. It is not cheap to fix ($800 in parts only) but after some reading it seems that it is a common problem so I don't know what to do. I will see.

Any suggestions would help.

- , Edmonton, AB, Canada