- September 1: Fiat Chrysler Releases Buyback and Incentive Details
- August 30: American Car Owners Long For Horse and Buggy Days
- August 21: Jeep Grand Cherokee and Dodge Durango SUVs Recalled Again
- August 4: Fiat Chrysler Sued in Canada for $5 Billion
- August 1: About 284,000 Dodge Chargers Recalled Over Sensitive Airbags
2012 Dodge Avenger
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?
Worst 2012 Avenger Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems19
- steering problems5NHTSA complaints: 7
- seat belts / air bags problems4NHTSA complaints: 33
- engine problems3NHTSA complaints: 16
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 9
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 10
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 23
- suspension problems2NHTSA complaints: 8
- transmission problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 3
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems1
- cooling system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 4
- lights problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 12
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 12
- windows / windshield problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Avenger Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Avenger compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Avenger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avenger.