- November 16: Chrysler TIPM Lawsuit Alleges Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep Vehicles Stall
- October 26: Government Looks At Dodge Ram Tie-Rod Recall Process
- October 15: Chrysler Recalls 917,000 Vehicles With Bad Alternators and Faulty Mirrors
- October 15: Dodge Ram 'Death Wobble' Lawsuit Affects 6 Ram Models
- October 14: Chrysler Recalls 184,000 Dodge and Jeep SUVs to Fix Restraint Modules
2012 Dodge Avenger
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?
Worst 2012 Avenger Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems11
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 6
- seat belts / air bags problems3NHTSA complaints: 7
- body / paint problems2NHTSA complaints: 4
- brakes problems2NHTSA complaints: 7
- transmission problems2
- wheels / hubs problems2NHTSA complaints: 2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- cooling system problems1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 6
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 9
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 10
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 1
- lights problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Avenger Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Avenger compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Avenger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avenger.