- March 10: Chrysler Recalls 45,000 Vehicles to Update Software
- March 5: The 12 Worst Cars According to Consumer Reports
- March 3: Chrysler Sued Over Alleged 'False Park' Death
- February 14: Investigation Closed Into Chrysler Stalling Engines
- February 11: Why You Should Beware of Car Dealer Ads
- January 14: Investigation Expanded Into Chrysler Sun Visor Fires
- December 17: Investigation Closed into Alleged Dodge Viper Rear Suspension Problems
2012 Dodge Avenger
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?
Worst 2012 Avenger Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Want help understanding this graph?
- AC / heater problems4
- steering problems4NHTSA complaints: 5
- transmission problems2
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- body / paint problems1NHTSA complaints: 2
- brakes problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- cooling system problems1
- electrical problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- engine problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 3
- seat belts / air bags problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- suspension problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 9
- wheels / hubs problemsNHTSA: 1
A D V E R T I S E M E N T S
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Avenger Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Avenger compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Avenger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avenger.