- February 19: Chrysler Recalls Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 recalls | 32 days ago
- January 30: Daimler Vans USA Recalls Vans Over Takata Airbags recalls | 52 days ago
- January 8: Fiat Chrysler Recalls Trucks and SUVs to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 74 days ago
2012 Dodge Avenger
Problems & Complaints
CarComplaints.com Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?
Worst 2012 Avenger Problems by Category
Click on a category below for details. Help?
- AC / heater problems54
- engine problems7NHTSA complaints: 35
- seat belts / air bags problems7NHTSA complaints: 63
- steering problems6NHTSA complaints: 10
- body / paint problems5NHTSA complaints: 11
- transmission problems4
- brakes problems3NHTSA complaints: 20
- lights problems3NHTSA complaints: 5
- suspension problems3NHTSA complaints: 9
- wheels / hubs problems3NHTSA complaints: 4
- interior accessories problems2
- electrical problems2NHTSA complaints: 45
- exterior accessories problems1NHTSA complaints: 17
- cooling system problems1
- fuel system problems1NHTSA complaints: 5
- windows / windshield problems1NHTSA complaints: 1
- drivetrain problemsNHTSA: 19
- miscellaneous problemsNHTSA: 11
Stay Up to Date
Compare Dodge Avenger Model Years
Curious how the 2012 Avenger compares to other years?
Check out our Dodge Avenger overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Avenger.