1997 Dodge Avenger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1997 Dodge Avenger:

1997 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Aug 212008

Avenger 2.5L V6

Alright I bought this 1997 Dodge Avenger (2.5L v6) about a month ago. The only things I have done for it is a cold air intake, and a custom Cat-Back exhaust(from Autozone) which needed welding.Then about two days later i went to start my car which took about 10 seconds to fully turn over, then i gave it a little gas( about 1700 rpm) and my car started to shake so I shut it off. I then tried to disassembled my intake manifold but i didnt want to lose anything so I stopped and put it back together. Then the infamous check engine light pops up. So I took it to Autozone and they said that my EGR was clogged or defective.

So please if you have any advice please share with me!!

- , Foristell, MO, USA