1. replace head gasket or engine (1 reports)
2000 Dodge Avenger engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Dodge Avenger:

2000 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jun 032015

Avenger 3.2L V6

I had recently bought the car from a friend. It looked and drove good. We said it would need to have the brake pads replaced. This was no big deal, I have done this before. About a month after driving this car, one day I noticed steam was coming from under the hood and temp gauge had climbed to the HOT zone. I stopped the car and looked under the hood and saw water and steam coming from around the passenger side of the engine. I called a friend who has a towing and repair shop and he pulled it to my house. He said I could probably find a used engine and replace it cheaper than I could repair the one in my car!

- , Elizabethton, TN, USA