2008 Dodge Avenger body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jul 172013

Upon exiting my vehicle I shut my door hitting the key lock on my key chain and realized that my door would not shut causing me to tie a rope to a piece inside the car to keep the door shut.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Sep 222012

I was traveling Saturday afternoon and the driver's door open during travel. I was only going about 30 miles per hour and I had my seat belt on when this happened so no physical harm or damage occurred just very shaken up. I got out of my car to check the door and noticed that the latch was in the open position and would not lock or latch on. I was forced to drive home holding the door trying to keep it closed by placing my hand through an opened window while I drove. I called the dealership they were not aware of the previous recall and was told that I would have to pay out of pocket. I also contacted contact Chrysler at 1-800-853-1403 and was told that my car had already been repaired so I would have to pay out of pocket to have it repaired again..

- Hermitage, TN, USA

Jun 252008

Im was looking at the crash ratings because I just purchase a 2008 Avenger, if the doors can open with side impact, can you recall the cars to fix this issue, before some one loses a life or what can I do to fix the problem.

- Owings Mills, MD, USA