2.2

2008 Dodge Avenger wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Dodge Avenger:

2008 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Feb 012016

Avenger

My tires pressure light comes on a lot even after having the tire pressure fixed. Not sure if this is normal.

- Portage, MI, USA

Nov 142015

Avenger

Tire pressure monitoring system short circuits leading to faulty readings on gauge, cruise control won't operate at speeds over 40 mph, radio constantly skips from one station to another, etc. Contacted Chrysler about the recall on this (recall #: 08V152000) asking to have it repaired free of charge, but they refused. These issues occur when the vehicle is both stationary and mobile.

- Marshfield, WI, USA

Jul 302015

Avenger

My son purchased his 2008 Avenger used in 2014 from Oklahoma. He is in the military and while deployed I am maintaining his vehicle at the local dealership in Michigan with oil changes and service. While driving at 55mph on the freeway the TPMS light came on then the cruise control turned off. Then the engine light as I was exiting the freeway the engine stopped. I started the vehicle which stalled at every. Intersection and on turns would stall putting me in the opposite lane. When looking up recalls it showed the exact problem. I took the vehicle to the dealership. They stated no recall on this VIN# and the problem is his timing chain and of course the fee is $1500 dollars. It seems Fiat Chrysler is trying to do everything not to fix these older models.

- Detroit , MI, USA

Oct 292012

Avenger

The contact owns a 2008 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that the tire pressure valve stem fractured. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who replaced the tires. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not available. The failure and current mileage was 35,000.

- Green Town, IN, USA

Jan 012010

Avenger

I have been very very disappointed with my 2008 Avenger.. seems like I've experienced one problem after the other.. the first was the TPMS, which a recall was made and that was fixed. 2nd I had to replace the whole gear shift because it wouldn't come out of park... I called the dealership and they advised me that they saw a significant increase on those parts and alot of the Avengers were experiencing the same thing. 3rd, now the bearings inside the alternator have broke.. and I have to replace the whole alternator itself. We again called the Dodge house and they also explained how many request they are getting ref this part and having to keep them in stock continuously. Everyone I know that has an Avenger have all experienced all of these same problems.. and my question is at what point does Dodge start issuing a recall?? if Dodge can call the dealerships and get a tally on all amount of replacement parts they would be surprised and realize that a recall does need to be in effect.

- Burleson , TX, USA