2010 Dodge Avenger brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Dodge Avenger:

2010 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jan 072016

The contact owns a 2010 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that while driving, there was an abnormal grinding noise coming from the front brakes of the vehicle. The contact stated that the brake rotors and pads had to be replaced twice per year. The vehicle was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 10V009000 (service brakes, hydraulic). The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 90,827.

- Greenvile, SC, USA

Mar 112015

Avenger 4-cyl

The contact owned a 2010 Dodge Avenger. While trying to avoid striking a dog at 25 mph, the steering wheel seized and the brakes failed to respond when the pedal was depressed. As a result, the contact crashed into another vehicle. The driver and the front seat passenger sustained cervical strains that required medical attention. A police report was filed. The vehicle was destroyed. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 119,076. Updated 4/27/15 updated 10/9/15

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Mar 112015

Avenger 4-cyl

I was coming into a turn and a dog ran in front of the car very fast and I jerked and hit the curb as I hit the curb the car went on top of it than back onto the street I tried to hit the brakes numerous of times but they went stiff and all steering went away it was locked I lost all control of the vehicle. The car hit another car, damaging it and my insurance totaled out the Avenger. Now we are without a vehicle due to this. I went to the hospital with my passenger who was injured as well, doctor diagnosed me with a cervical strain. Since this incident I am still having headaches. My mother is the owner of the vehicle and still is shaken up about this.

- Mcdonough, GA, USA

Nov 292013

Avenger 4-cyl

When I go to brake from speeds of 25 mph and up, the car starts shaking violently. I have to press the brake pedal slowly and holds the steering wheel stronger to counter the shaking and not lose control of the vehicle. This is not always possible to do when braking. The faster the vehicle is going, the worse it shake swhen applying the brakes. I have taken it to the dealership and several other car places to have the brakes checked and they cannot find the problem. They've changed pads, rotors, etc. On multiple occasions in a short period of time and the problem remains. This is very dangerous and there seems to be no fix.

- Leonardtown, MD, USA