Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?

2012 Dodge Avenger lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Avenger:

2012 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Aug 182016

Passenger headlight, turn signals, and brake lights not working when is started vehicle was in motion. Have put 5 sets of tires on it in the 4 years owned bought new, check engine light randomly comes on car runs bad and goes to 3rpms the quickly drops to 2rpms and barely goes 40mph and radio goes crazy also happens when in motion.

- Elgin, TX, USA

Jan 152016

I just purchased this car 1-2-16 and already having electrical issues with keyless remote, dome lighting, radio and blue tooth not working..

- Downey, CA, USA

Jan 302015

My 2012 Dodge Avenger had recall for electrical system, airbags. I took it to the dealer and they performed recall "N38 reflash tipm." Before this recall was done my vehicle had no problems. As soon as I drove away from the dealer, my airbag light on dash was on, the left rear turning light and left brake light not working, right headlight not working, right front turning signal not working. I let the dealer know what was going on and they said I had "to bring it back in because it probably has electrical problem". this is more than just electrical problem, it is a safety problem. After having the lighting diagnosed and inspected, I am having to pay $1250 for tipm to be replaced for a new one. I am very upset and in disbelief that I have to pay this for a defective or faulty tipm module. I feel this defect of the tipm module should be also a recall and covered by the manufacturer.

- Ceres, CA, USA

Jun 012014

The contact owns a 2012 Dodge Avenger. The contact stated that all of the exterior lighting failed on the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a mechanic who stated that the light power module was defective and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired and the manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 48,300.

- Jolon , CA, USA

Mar 202014

Avenger 6-cyl

We hit a deer and the front of the car was demolished. Upon inspection the next morning, I noticed that an airbag sensor was shattered and just hanging by the wire harness. Airbags did not deploy, I was concerned about this and never got a straight answer from anyone. Now I get a recall notice saying faulty restraint system, I'm not too happy...

- Layton, UT, USA