CarComplaints.com Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?

2012 Dodge Avenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Avenger:

2012 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Oct 012016

Avenger

Summary: The vehicles may experience loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability in certain crash events due to a shorting condition resulting in a negative voltage transient that travels to the occupant restraint controller via the front impact sensor wires. Safety risk: The potential loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability in such crash events may increase the risk of injury in a crash.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Jan 062017

Avenger

My son was in a head on collision and the driver side seat belt did not lock in place and it fully extended allowing my son's head to slam into the windshield. He has had a head ache, in that exact spot from the impact, for 7 days consecutively.

- Adams, TN, USA

Oct 012016

Avenger

I received notice stating that there is a current safety recall for : the potential loss of air bag and seat belt pretensioner deployment capability in such crash events may increase the risk of injury in a crash. It was recalled in oct2016 we are in jan2017 and I have yet to hear anything and we have two of these same vehicles. We have young children riding in these vehicles and we commute for work daily. This is a great concern.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA

Nov 212016

Avenger

I received a recall notice for the airbags and seat belts in my Avenger. They are saying that the restraints and protective equipment may or may not work properly in the event of an accident. I frequently carry my children and grandchildren in that vehicle. Chrysler is saying that there is no fix for this problem at this time. They are saying that the parts are not even designed - or available, and will not be until the second quarter of next year. I am in contact with Chrysler - and they have offered to pay for a rental vehicle using my credit card - and then reimburse me. However, this could go on for months and months. I do not think that they have properly notified the american public of the dangers of the failure of the safety equipment. I do not think that I should have any responsibility for providing them with my credit card to obtain a safe vehicle when I purchased the vehicle in good faith that it was safe and sound. Please help me.

- Smithville Flats, NY, USA

Dec 102015

Avenger

I was in accident the brakes failed during hard braking. I hit the brake pedal so hard I bent the pedal assembly. The seatbelt restraints didn't lockup and threw me forward so I hit my head on the roof line the point of impact was the sun visor. The airbags did not deploy and I hit the steering wheel with my chest. I hit the car in front of me when the brakes failed the car keep rolling to the point of impact with the Cadillac escalade my car went under his bumper so the car had to dive down just to roll under his car. The driver in the vehicle was not hurt. I would up with a small concussion and my right foot is still in pain.

- Belton, TX, USA

Jan 312015

Avenger 4-cyl

The seat belt locked up will not retract.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Apr 062014

Avenger

I was the passenger in our 2012 Dodge Avenger. Another car pulled across three lanes of traffic and we hit her with the whole front end of our car. The air bags did not deploy. All persons in car were wearing seat belts. But the passenger seat belt tensioner failed to tighten. I was thrown into the dashboard and floor. My injuries: Both knees, neck and back.

- Elizabethtown, KY, USA