Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Consumer Reports road tests has noted deficiencies in the 2012 Avenger with regard to engine noise, acceleration, braking, handling, transmission, fuel economy, driving position and rear visibility. But at least it has a cool marketing campaign ... right?

2012 Dodge Avenger seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Dodge Avenger:

2012 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Dec 102015

I was in accident the brakes failed during hard braking. I hit the brake pedal so hard I bent the pedal assembly. The seatbelt restraints didn't lockup and threw me forward so I hit my head on the roof line the point of impact was the sun visor. The airbags did not deploy and I hit the steering wheel with my chest. I hit the car in front of me when the brakes failed the car keep rolling to the point of impact with the Cadillac escalade my car went under his bumper so the car had to dive down just to roll under his car. The driver in the vehicle was not hurt. I would up with a small concussion and my right foot is still in pain.

- Belton, TX, USA

Jan 312015

Avenger 4-cyl

The seat belt locked up will not retract.

- Greensboro, NC, USA

Apr 062014

I was the passenger in our 2012 Dodge Avenger. Another car pulled across three lanes of traffic and we hit her with the whole front end of our car. The air bags did not deploy. All persons in car were wearing seat belts. But the passenger seat belt tensioner failed to tighten. I was thrown into the dashboard and floor. My injuries: Both knees, neck and back.

- Elizabethtown, KY, USA