2013 Dodge Avenger miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Dodge Avenger:

2013 Dodge Avenger Owner Comments

Jun 152016

The transmission is the problem. I was driving when the car started making noises and stopped on a hill. I was able to roll down the hill backward, and turn into a park entrance before the car came to a complete stop. I turned off the car started it again and this time it wouldn't move when I put it in gear even though the engine was running. We had the car towed to the dealer and to date it still has not been looked at.

- Lithonia, GA, USA

Sep 032015

Recently purchased this vehicle and after a week and a half, noticed that my car is not gearing correctly on its own and at times decelerates when trying to accelerate. Also when shifting vehicle from park, reverse, drive, etc... it makes a jump with a loud noise.

- Dover, NH, USA

Sep 092015

When starting car, all lights and power features work but car will not turn over. Its been a problem that comes and goes with no warning.

- Pearland, TX, USA

May 252015

My vehicles stalls while driving on the highway and its an automatic. I keep my regular maintenance on it. This has almost caused 3 different accidents on multiple occasions. When I stop my car almost acts as though it wants to shut off. In order to pick speed back up I midst floor it to even get moving anywhere. This is very unsafe seeing as though I have a 2 yr old. Something must be done. I'm insuring a car that has had recalls for this very same issues and now Dodge tells me they'd have to charge me $115 for a diagnostics test.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jun 062015

While approaching a stop sign, I did hit the breaks, I felt a jolt however the car never stopped. The car did skid across a highway, and land in a ditch. There was extensive front end damage, however no air bags deployed. Bothe me and my minor child were removed from the vehicle by emergency response teams. We did both sustain injuries. The vehicle was unable to be driven and was towed.

- South Fallsburg, NY, USA